Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to pismo beach with my 2D badlands next weekend with some friends. If anyways wants to ride around the dunes let me know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
@BadBlueBronco

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Traveling from the Bay Area.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wife and I will be in Pismo Beach for both work and play March 30-April 2, first time there. Staying at a decent hotel by the pier. Any suggestions of restaurants and things to do? Are the dunes by the beach?

OP
OP
@BadBlueBronco

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife and I will be in Pismo Beach for both work and play March 30-April 2, first time there. Staying at a decent hotel by the pier. Any suggestions of restaurants and things to do? Are the dunes by the beach?
I’m not too sure, I have never been

Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

argh, some friends and I were just talking today about going down to pismo soon, but next weekend we're headed up to Prairie City.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jocko’s in Nipomo. Get the pork chops, share with the wife.
The dunes are in Oceano, it’s not very far from where you’re staying. The whole “5 cities” area is not very big, so nothing is very far out of the way.

Coming from Arizona, if you’ve never driven Highway 1 between Morro Bay and Carmel, it’s arguably one of the most scenic stretches of highway on the planet. Take a day for it if you have the time. On 46 near Cambria, not far off of hwy 1, there are some good wineries, maybe check out a tasting room or two. There’s also Hearst Castle in San Simeon. The elephant seal beach just north of that is worth a quick pit stop. Plenty of hiking spots along the way if you’re into that. In Big Sur, get a drink or two at the Post Ranch or grab a drink at the River Inn and go out back to enjoy it in the Adirondack chairs in the river. When you get to Carmel, take Carmel Valley Road all the way to 101 and then head back to Pismo the faster way. Plenty of other stuff along the way I could tell you about if you’re interested. Just make sure to fill your tank in SLO, the gas station in Gorda is often the highest priced fuel in the country.

Hailey Jo

Badlands
First Name
Hailey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haileyjohnson.realtor
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford F-150, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to connect with everyone. I am a local, 5th Generation. Love the dunes and the Central Coast. I want to connect with more Bronco owners. Please text me at 805.286 7670 whenever you are in the area. I'm about 15 minutes away from Pismo and know the area well. Would love to meet or give recommendations any time.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dunes are in Oceano, it’s not very far from where you’re staying. The whole “5 cities” area is not very big, so nothing is very far out of the way.

Coming from Arizona, if you’ve never driven Highway 1 between Morro Bay and Carmel, it’s arguably one of the most scenic stretches of highway on the planet. Take a day for it if you have the time. On 46 near Cambria, not far off of hwy 1, there are some good wineries, maybe check out a tasting room or two. There’s also Hearst Castle in San Simeon. The elephant seal beach just north of that is worth a quick pit stop. Plenty of hiking spots along the way if you’re into that. In Big Sur, get a drink or two at the Post Ranch or grab a drink at the River Inn and go out back to enjoy it in the Adirondack chairs in the river. When you get to Carmel, take Carmel Valley Road all the way to 101 and then head back to Pismo the faster way. Plenty of other stuff along the way I could tell you about if you’re interested. Just make sure to fill your tank in SLO, the gas station in Gorda is often the highest priced fuel in the country.
Thanks so much. After our work is done Wed-Fri, we are driving north on Highway 1 to hang in Carmel, Monterey and Pacific Grove, where we got an Airbnb.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks so much. After our work is done Wed-Fri, we are driving north on Highway 1 to hang in Carmel, Monterey and Pacific Grove, where we got an Airbnb.
Nice. That’s my neck of the woods. You gonna be in the Bronco? On your way up the coast, after you pass Big Sur, right across from the entrance to Andrew Molera State Park, you can make a right and take the old coast road. It’s a dirt road, doesn’t require four wheel drive, at least not that time of year, but it dumps you out right back on hwy1 on the north side of the Bixby Bridge. It will give you a nice little photo op looking down the canyon at the bridge with the ocean in the background, especially if you time it around sunset. Julia Pfeifer Burns state park is another place people like to get out and take pictures. It’s a few miles south of Big Sur. There’s a short walking trail (not a hike by any means), and you can get some post cardy type photos. Parking can be bad on weekends. Nepenthe in Big Sur has a good overpriced burger and a great view.

I’d be happy to make some recommendations for things in the Carmel/Monterey/Pebble Beach area if you let me know what types of activities, food, price range you’re looking for, or if you have anything specific planned, I can tell you what some of the nearby local favorites are. If you plan on doing any wine tasting, Carmel Valley Village usually has nicer weather, cheaper tastings, and a more relaxed atmosphere than downtown Carmel. And there are like 20 tasting rooms all within walking distance of each other. If you’re a golfer, I’m sure you know we have our share of bucket list courses here, but there are a couple lesser known reasonably priced courses too.

I hope you enjoy it here.

Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you enjoy a good steak, Jocko's Steak House is about 15 minutes south in Nipomo. Used to be a good breakfast place in Arroyo Grande but I'm drawing a blank on the name. Ask the locals

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha, should have read the whole thread before recommending Jocko's also. Can't go wrong there I second the pork chop.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you enjoy a good steak, Jocko's Steak House is about 15 minutes south in Nipomo. Used to be a good breakfast place in Arroyo Grande but I'm drawing a blank on the name. Ask the locals
The McClintocks in Arroyo Grande has a pretty decent breakfast. It’s not as touristy as the big purple McClintocks on the side of the highway. My father in law used to live in Grover Beach. There were a couple good breakfast places he took us to, but I can’t remember either.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haha, should have read the whole thread before recommending Jocko's also. Can't go wrong there I second the pork chop.
Can’t beat it for the price. I think it was like two 12oz pork chops for $22 or something. Their steaks are good too, you’ll just spend a little more.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. That’s my neck of the woods. You gonna be in the Bronco? On your way up the coast, after you pass Big Sur, right across from the entrance to Andrew Molera State Park, you can make a right and take the old coast road. It’s a dirt road, doesn’t require four wheel drive, at least not that time of year, but it dumps you out right back on hwy1 on the north side of the Bixby Bridge. It will give you a nice little photo op looking down the canyon at the bridge with the ocean in the background, especially if you time it around sunset. Julia Pfeifer Burns state park is another place people like to get out and take pictures. It’s a few miles south of Big Sur. There’s a short walking trail (not a hike by any means), and you can get some post cardy type photos. Parking can be bad on weekends. Nepenthe in Big Sur has a good overpriced burger and a great view.

I’d be happy to make some recommendations for things in the Carmel/Monterey/Pebble Beach area if you let me know what types of activities, food, price range you’re looking for, or if you have anything specific planned, I can tell you what some of the nearby local favorites are. If you plan on doing any wine tasting, Carmel Valley Village usually has nicer weather, cheaper tastings, and a more relaxed atmosphere than downtown Carmel. And there are like 20 tasting rooms all within walking distance of each other. If you’re a golfer, I’m sure you know we have our share of bucket list courses here, but there are a couple lesser known reasonably priced courses too.

I hope you enjoy it here.
This is great, yours and the other recommendations will be helpful! No Bronco yet, build date 4/5, and we will be flying into LAX, renting a car, spending a day with our two Pepperdine kids in Malibu and then driving up to Pismo.

Our oldest loves to weekend in all the Big Sur towns and selfishly recommends we retire there, so we want to get a feel for the area. We spend a lot of time from San Diego to Santa Barbara, and Coronado Island is on the retirement place list, but the kids think they know best. My mother lived in Monterey while my father was in Vietnam, and has fantastic memories of Carmel and the rest.

A lot of what you mentioned has been recommended by my son
.wine tastings, the Bixby Bridge photo op, 17 Mile, Julia Pfeiffer Burns Park. It all sounds amazing. Terrible golfer with future aspirations. Might do some hiking, just did some in Zion, Bryce Canyon and Moab after last weekend’s Off-Roadeo. Mostly want to mix relaxing with getting out and getting a feel for the area. Not packing much for upscale dining on this trip, so mid-range restaurant rec’s around Carmel and Pacific Grove would be helpful.
Sponsored