First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm planning a family trip to Gatlinburg this summer. My wife and I went to the area years ago and always wanted to take the kids there. We plan to do a lot of the normal stuff, hiking, rafting, etc. Any suggestions for a nice trail or two I can take the Bronco on? I'm fairly new to off roading so more sights and less adrenalin preferred. :)
Sponsored

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not really off roading, but Cades Cove would be really cool without the top on.

augga

Wildtrak
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Windrock Park is not too far away from Gatlinburg. There are trails for days there.

OP
OP
HarderCorer

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the suggestions. Both look promising. Planning on being topless so the trip through Cades Cove looks really interesting.

Sponsored

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB Badsquatch, Land Rover LR3, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning a family trip to Gatlinburg this summer. My wife and I went to the area years ago and always wanted to take the kids there. We plan to do a lot of the normal stuff, hiking, rafting, etc. Any suggestions for a nice trail or two I can take the Bronco on? I'm fairly new to off roading so more sights and less adrenalin preferred. :)
Cades Cove Loop to Parson Branch which exits out into to Tail of the Dragon. From there, hang a left and go visit the Topoco Tavern for lunch. Parson Branch is one way so either come back across the Dragon or head on and go across Cherohola Skyway. All are beautiful drives, cant Go wrong

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Parsons Branch out of Cades Cove is great suggestions, and a nice drive.

Also go to Conasauga Falls off Hwy 68 in Tellico plains. Once you get to the right turn to go to the Falls go left. Has five easy water crossings. Nothing difficult, 2 wheel drive 95% of it. Come out in Coker Creek.

Also go to bald river Falls off the Cherohala Skyway. Good falls to see, then keep going. Take a left onto North River road, dirt. It comes out just into NC on the Cherohala Skyway. Easy drive.

OP
OP
HarderCorer

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I'll let you know in July how it went!

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can get lost on purpose for weeks in the Unicoi and Cohutta ranges not terribly far from Gatlinburg. They are part of the Cherokee and Chattahoochee National Forests with hundreds of miles of roads and trails.

Sponsored

Nlindbert

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really off roading, but Cades Cove would be really cool without the top on.
If you are in cades cove you can take parsons branch rd a one way gravel road with nice scenery back to us129 and get on the foothill’s parkway and head back into wears valley

also the roaring fork motor nature trail is a nice trip short trip in gatlinburg

Nlindbert

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are in cades cove you can take parsons branch rd a one way gravel road with nice scenery back to us129 and get on the foothill’s parkway and head back into wears valley

also the roaring fork motor nature trail is a nice trip short trip in gatlinburg
3E3A5D9A-6B71-43C7-9183-83825FF1D7DC.jpeg

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also make the trip south on 441 between Gatlinburg and Cherokee NC, The Great Smoky Mountain National Park. 30 miles of the most beautiful scenery
Pick up Blue Ridge Parkway off 441 while your at it and head east and explore Maggie Valley area.

augga

Wildtrak
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also go to Conasauga Falls off Hwy 68 in Tellico plains. Once you get to the right turn to go to the Falls go left. Has five easy water crossings. Nothing difficult, 2 wheel drive 95% of it. Come out in Coker Creek.
Drove Witt Rd. this weekend. Had a a blast, very fun little trek. The creek crossings were sweet.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the suggestions. Both look promising. Planning on being topless so the trip through Cades Cove looks really interesting.
Just be prepared if you go to Cades cove to sit....traffic with people taking pictures of every crow they see and stopping on the road can be tedious...there are signs everywhere to not stop in a drive lane...people however are people...oh and let a bear come out...everyone stops in the drive lane....last trip (memorial day weekend) we spent 3 hours doing the loop...it's gorgeous but tourist not obeying the rules make it tedious.
Sponsored