Sponsored

Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install.

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve always wanted to do this swap ever since I got my Bronco. I didn’t order mine with the Modular bumper as it was going to delay my order. Now that I have my Bronco the swap can happen but before you attempt this it’s not just an easy swap. There are a few things you need to know before you attempt this. Below is a video of my findings & how the swap went. Hope this was helpful.
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good video!
I did the same swap and it really is interesting how different these swaps are based on what you are starting with

I went from badlands with capable to modular and had to buy different parking sensors. The original sensors had a connector that mounts front to back on the vehicle, while the ones you have and the ones I purchased mount 90 degrees and the plug goes in side to side . My original sensors did not leave enough room with the added modular steel brackets.

Also I ended up adding a hole with grommet in the steel support bracket to fish the outer drivers side sensor connector as I found this allowed me to shift the wire harness more drivers side. This allowed for an easier time connecting the main bumper harness to the plug inside the driver side fender
Ford Bronco Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install. 20230107_144925

OP
OP
Wildtrak84

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
good video!
I did the same swap and it really is interesting how different these swaps are based on what you are starting with

I went from badlands with capable to modular and had to buy different parking sensors. The original sensors had a connector that mounts front to back on the vehicle, while the ones you have and the ones I purchased mount 90 degrees and the plug goes in side to side . My original sensors did not leave enough room with the added modular steel brackets.

Also I ended up adding a hole with grommet in the steel support bracket to fish the outer drivers side sensor connector as I found this allowed me to shift the wire harness more drivers side. This allowed for an easier time connecting the main bumper harness to the plug inside the driver side fender
That’s crazy but good to note. I don’t see why Ford would make 3 different style sensor bracket for these. Usually it’s a universal bracket.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s crazy but good to note. I don’t see why Ford would make 3 different style sensor bracket for these. Usually it’s a universal bracket.
DO NOT mix up those parking sensors either. The 2 outside sensors use a different frequency than the 2 central sensors on each bumper.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DO NOT mix up those parking sensors either. The 2 outside sensors use a different frequency than the 2 central sensors on each bumper.
are you sure about that?
I ordered he sensors from flip here on b6g and the sensors are all the same PN
after I installed I did not seem to have any issues

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
are you sure about that?
I ordered he sensors from flip here on b6g and the sensors are all the same PN
after I installed I did not seem to have any issues
I would trust flip over my local dealer, BUT I had to buy 2 sensors for mine and they were different P/N's and different prices. Come to think of it, they didn't fix my issue either......

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol the number of part numbers specific to a certain version of the bumper is crazy - way to go ford!

mannyjag

Badlands
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good video!

Can you share the OEM part number for the 90 degree modular bumper parking sensors?
I did the same project a couple of weeks ago and my outside sensors are being pushed out. I hope your video helps out a lot folks out there with the same project.
thank you in advance!!!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mannyjag
this is the part number I used for the sensors
LU5Z-15K859-AAPTM
this allowed more space between the modular support bracket & bumper outer shell so the wires were not pinched or forced into a severe bend

Rygator

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1986 bronco.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up a modular bumper off marketplace yesterday and insalled it today. I noticed it almost fit withou cutting iff the base tow hooks. I lossened the bracket so the modular bumper fit, added some washers to the front bolt of the tow hook and a rubber spacer to the intercooler bracket and tightened it all back and seems fine. Anyone see any issues with this fix that im missing?

Sponsored

Brouha

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did you get the harness for the parking sensors plugged back in? For the life of me, I can't get the sensor/fog light harness to plug back into the connector behind the fender/grill.

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mannyjag
this is the part number I used for the sensors
LU5Z-15K859-AAPTM
this allowed more space between the modular support bracket & bumper outer shell so the wires were not pinched or forced into a severe bend
I’m assuming no reprogram is needed if changing sensors. My plan is to pull 2 of the 90 ones from the rear bumper and put the straight ones back there were I can. I’m going from capable to mod

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m assuming no reprogram is needed if changing sensors. My plan is to pull 2 of the 90 ones from the rear bumper and put the straight ones back there were I can. I’m going from capable to mod
hey no programming but different sensors might operate differently
@flip may have some good insight here

My guess you are good but it is possible the sensors are constructed to work using different ranges

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steel rear sensors are LU5Z-15K859-AAPTM, left inner sensor bracket M2DZ-15K861-H, right inner sensor bracket M2DZ-15K861-G.

Left outer socket M2DZ-15K861-CC
Left center socket M2DZ-15K861-CB
Right center socket M2DZ-15K861-CD
Right outer socket M2DZ-15K861-CA

Here's your list of choices for rear harness.
Ford Bronco Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install. 1683814403564
Sponsored