Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will the rumored 2022? Hybrid Bronco be a Plug-in or a conventional Hybrid?
Also where is it? Is it really going to happen?
Sponsored

oldguy

First Name
oldguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd like to see something a little more conventional so as not to be limited to plug in. I'd like the Black Diamond 4-door with Lux package in something that gets combine 30mpg or better for my daily driver.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd like to see something a little more conventional so as not to be limited to plug in. I'd like the Black Diamond 4-door with Lux package in something that gets combine 30mpg or better for my daily driver.
A plug in is a hybrid that can go many miles on battery power alone and when the battery runs out it works like a regular hybrid.
A plug in has the major advantage that if say your daly commute to and from work is 30 miles and the plug in EV range is 30 or more miles you don't use any gas. For most people the plug in is a far superior option than a regular hybrid.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A plug in is a hybrid that can go many miles on battery power alone and when the battery runs out it works like a regular hybrid.
A plug in has the major advantage that if say your daly commute to and from work is 30 miles and the plug in EV range is 30 or more miles you don't use any gas. For most people the plug in is a far superior option than a regular hybrid.
Yup faaar superior IMO

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, my wife and I commute in her prius prime plug in. It gets a bit over 25 miles to a charge which is enough for our daily roundtrip and most weekend errands. We put thousands of EV miles on per year while charging off our solar panels. But then when we want to take a 1,000 mile road trip we just run on gas like every other car (but get 50mpg). It's a pretty sweet deal!

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was looking at the wrangler plug in before Ford announced the new Bronco, my SO was excited for the Branco so I decided we would get the Bronco and trade it in for the hybrid once it come out.
Once I'm back in the office I can plug in for free there and cover my miles 2 and from work. The wrangler 4xe was supposed to be around 30 miles electric per charge, guessing the Bronco plug in would be similar or better by the time it comes out.
Sponsored