Sponsored

Plans for Bronco Badlands Hybrid in 2 door?

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know if Ford is possibly planning on having Bronco Hybrid but in 2 door?

I see Jeep Wrangler doesn't appear to have any plans for 2 door 4Xe... I heard there is "no room to put the battery" in the 2 door and/or that the 2 door "won't sell". That is a shame. Hoping Bronco won't be same....
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if Ford is possibly planning on having Bronco Hybrid but in 2 door?

I see Jeep Wrangler doesn't appear to have any plans for 2 door 4Xe... I heard there is "no room to put the battery" in the 2 door and/or that the 2 door "won't sell". That is a shame. Hoping Bronco won't be same....
Nobody knows. But I’d guess very unlikely.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EV and hybrid are doomed tech. There is literally not enough raw materials on the planet to make those types of vehicles in scale.

Ignore the marketing, EV and hybrids are not what you want.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like I simply need to get the vehicle I want and forget hybrid in my lifetime at least... I'm going to stick with gas.

Not only that... but the massive 8" hump in the back when you fold rear seats down is insane... it seems we are not guite there yet with technology.

I plan to move out in the loony dooneys in the mountains far away... so if have to drive somewhere it will be very looong dirve. Hence why I was looking into hybrid.

I don't need or want 4 door.... was hoping to get 2 door Bronco Badlands or... possibly a 2 door Jeep Wrangler. I am disappointed to say I am suddenly torn between the two! Not something I was expecting.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I simply need to get the vehicle I want and forget hybrid in my lifetime at least... I'm going to stick with gas.

Not only that... but the massive 8" hump in the back when you fold rear seats down is insane... it seems we are not guite there yet with technology.

I plan to move out in the loony dooneys in the mountains far away... so if have to drive somewhere it will be very looong dirve. Hence why I was looking into hybrid.

I don't need or want 4 door.... was hoping to get 2 door Bronco Badlands or... possibly a 2 door Jeep Wrangler. I am disappointed to say I am suddenly torn between the two! Not something I was expecting.
Hybrid feels like more of a possibility than full electric in the next 5 years. EVs with V2L definitely have their uses but charging infrastructure isn't there yet for the boonies. But V2L is sweeeet for camping and when CA decides on another rolling blackout or .5 inches of rain results in a 4 day power outage (ask me how I know, heh).

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I must confess I have been binge watching 4xe wrangler videos on youtube because they don't have any hybrid broncos videos I can binge on.

From what I have learned it seems if somebody is just driving around town to the grocery store or work bla bla (25 miles a day) then the 4xe seems like it would save someone a LOT of money on gas!!

I keep reading some people haven't been to the gas station in over an entire year with ZERO dollars spent on gas because they have the 4xe wrangler. That is AWESOME. I am jealous of that.

...but if someone drives longer distances then to me it seems like the 4xe sucks. It's carrying around about 700 pounds more super heavy weight (because of battery)... I can't imagine that if once the battery loses all charge and it vehicle has to run on gas hauling that massive weight around that it won't drink more gas!? ...and if you want to sleep in your wrangler while camping there is that massive hump.
Sponsored

Last edited: