First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I remember when Jeepers felt the same way about the 4xe. (I was one of them)

But then the reviews started rolling out and we quickly learned that the 4xe still kicks ass off-road.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/4xe-review-by-a-jeep-guy.75771/

For that reason, and given that precedent, I'm very optimistic.
Agreed, the only issue I have with the 4XE is the premium you pay for their hybrid system vs how little no -dino drive time you get.

I'm sure Ford will be just as proud of, if not more so, of theirs whenever they release it. If it is the PowerBoast from the F150 I would be all over it in a second. If it is the waste of resources in the Explorer then they can go pound sand.
Sponsored

paleh0rse

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, the only issue I have with the 4XE is the premium you pay for their hybrid system vs how little no -dino drive time you get.

I'm sure Ford will be just as proud of, if not more so, of theirs whenever they release it. If it is the PowerBoast from the F150 I would be all over it in a second. If it is the waste of resources in the Explorer then they can go pound sand.
I suspect it will simply be the same 2.3L platform they're using in the new PHEV Ranger + a few small tweaks to work well with the Bronco GOAT modes.

Still optimistic, though, and can't wait to take full advantage of the Pro Power Onboard system. 🍻

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty much every time a thread like this starts...
Ford Bronco Plug In Hybrid Rumor WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 11.21.18_988c2e3f

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the Wrangler 4XE has some insane incentives on it. My buddy got one and I want to say the price was like 70K on it and after incentives it was only $56K or something.

Ford has said nothing about a hybrid coming to the Ranger or the Bronco and rumors I've heard from people who work in the plant have said the same thing-plus there was no indication in the UAW agreement of it happening in the next 4 years either.

Long term EVs are better, but Ford should offer P/HEVs in all their products in the next 2-3 years. We still have another five years of building up EV infrastructure and hopefully lowering EV prices the closer we get to 2030
Sponsored