Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have a good recommendation for pod lights? I want the square design over the circular but unsure which brand is best and if I should get the yellow or not.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone have a good recommendation for pod lights? I want the square design over the circular but unsure which brand is best and if I should get the yellow or not.
Where are you installing them? On the A-Pillars?

Check out our site, we specialize in Bronco Lighting.

Baja Designs makes the BEST quality lights and have a lifetime warranty, but they cost a bit of $$

Diode Dynamics is the most popular as they give you a LOT of light and are easier on the wallet. Made in the USA and it's a great product. Only an 8 year warranty.

White is better for normal driving conditions/overall use. Yellow/Amber is good for bad weather/dusty weather.

We offer COMPLETE KITS which include lights and wiring (easy if you have the overhead switches in your truck). We're actually down here on Long Island so not too far from you.

Check out our kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Diode Dynamics Stage Series SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021+ Ford Bronco
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? 318125249_815750419652245_4585654974608825218_n

Baja Designs A-Pillar Kit for 2021+ Ford Bronco w/KR Off-Road Brackets
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-kr-off-road-brackets/
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? Photo Dec 21 2023, 1 15 37 PM

(Shown here with optional clear cover)

Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? 6 (small)

Reactions: Dom

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^^^
Well, that sums up everything about the "best brands" you requested.

Close the thread.

Lol

• Haha

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a lot of brands out there with lots of pros and cons to each. Since quality and warranty are very important, we only carry brands that are reliable and have great warranty coverage. The brands we trust and keep in stock include Baja Designs, Rigid Industries, Diode Dynamics, Morimoto, KC Hilites, etc.
The best warranty will likely be Baja Designs, which is lifetime on everything. Followed by Rigid, which is lifetime on most of their lighting and 10-years on the lighting that isn't lifetime.
The others generally range from 3-8 years.

We do have complete light kits available with these lights. We also developed our own patented line of plug-and-play harnesses that allow for the easiest and cleanest installs, and we include them in our kits. We can customize kits for you, as well.
Here's a link to some of our Bronco light kits, but if you don't see the combination or variation you want, just let me know and I can create it for you.
Ford Bronco Lights | Truck Light Kits | Bronco Light Bar (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

Determining which lights to go with is a very subjective question because everyone will have a different personal preference for their vehicle, which is great! Your vehicle should absolutely reflect your personality and needs, regardless of what anyone else likes for their vehicle.
That's why I like to walk through options and weigh the similarities/differences, cost comparisons, etc. with my customers.
We do offer price matching, as well. We can generally meet or beat anyone else's pricing while also offering superior kit components, too.

If you'd like to get a better idea of the way some of these lights look on the Bronco and also how they install, we have a huge following on our YouTube channel with product introductions, as well as complete step-by-step installation walkthrough videos.
You can feel free to peruse our channel at this link if you'd like:
SPV Parts - YouTube Channel

If you have any questions at all, I would love the opportunity to help you with them.
We can run through any options that interest you and I can put together quotes for you, as well.
You can call or text me directly at (317) 934-6778, or email me at [email protected].

I hope to get the opportunity to help you with this!

Have a great day!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the backlit rigid lights. And I am really happy with them. I would highly recommend going with John Tischler from SPV parts. He was fantastic to work with and was above and beyond helpful in the ordering & installation processes. They have the wiring all figured out and are more than willing to help you understand how easy it is to do. All the extra lights you see in these pictures are from him.

IMG20231221201930.jpg

IMG20231221201918.jpg

Sponsored

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ORACLE Lighting has just recently released our new VEGA™ LED Light Pods.

These lights provide an excellent value by providing more lumens per $ than the competition.

For example the 2" pod lights:
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? vega-chart-SERIES2

The Vega Provides over 25 lumens per $ which is much higher than the competition.

For the 3" pods comparison:
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? vega-chart-SERIES4

The Vega Provides over 42 lumens per $ which, again is a much higher value than the competition.

ORACLE Part Numbers:
5921-2-001 - VEGA 20W Series 2
5921-4-001 - VEGA 40W Series 4

Our Goal:
The objective of the Vega compact off-road LED series is to provide users with an unparalleled lighting experience. Utilizing high-quality LED lighting components, such as OSRAM LED chips, the Vega series offers intense output performance while also providing a high level of overall durability and performance. We are happy to provide MORE light output at a price point that is LOWER than many comparable products on the market.

Performance: Using only high-quality components in a package designed from scratch to provide unparalleled performance, value, and durability. The IP69K ingress-protection and OE level Deutsch DT connectors increase the overall reliability while OSRAM LED Chips kick out high lumen illumination. CAE analysis allowed refinement of both the optimization of the lens optics as well as the thermal dynamics to create a product which is both powerful and reliable. These factors combined provide users with a higher-level intensity than any other 3” light on the market at this price level.

VEGA 20W Series 2 Features:

- Intense 2,000 Raw Lumen light output
- Focused Spot-Light with almost 1000’ projection
- Unique and Versatile Patent-Pending Design
- Designed and Engineered in the USA
- Powdercoated aluminum construction
- Integrated Deutsch DT Plug and 2’ Whip
- 5 Year Replacement Warranty

VEGA 40W Series 4 Features:
- Intense 4,000 Raw Lumen light output
- Focused Spot-Light with over 1000’ projection
- Unique and Versatile Patent-Pending Design
- Designed and Engineered in the USA
- Powdercoated aluminum construction
- Integrated Deutsch DT Plug and 2’ Whip
- 5 Year Replacement Warranty

Versatility:
Styled with an angled front lens, the Vega’s Patent-Pending design more closely reflects the OEM surfaces in many popular mounting positions. These lights feature horizontally symmetrical beam patterns so the lights can be mounted upside down or right side up without changing the beam angle. The result is a more versatile and compact product with thoughtful styling and a dynamic appearance.

Accessories: Commitment Issues? Great news! Vega’s optional interchangeable lens covers can be added or removed without tools to easily change the color of the light output to Yellow or Amber. These covers simply snap on over the existing clear lens to provide color-enhanced light output optimized for fog or snow conditions where glare can be an issue. In addition to these colored lens covers a black-out cover is included with each Vega light for any customers who have additional lamp compliance regulations in their State.

Regulatory Compliance: Some states require that Auxiliary lights have an opaque cover installed when mounted above the hood line of the vehicle. Each Vega light includes a standard black-out cover for any customers who have additional lamp compliance regulations in their State. These injection-molded covers feature an embossed ORACLE surface, easy clip-on mounting, and are included free with every Vega light sold.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-lighting-vega-40w-series-led-light-pod-spotlights-pair

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the backlit rigid lights. And I am really happy with them. I would highly recommend going with John Tischler from SPV parts. He was fantastic to work with and was above and beyond helpful in the ordering & installation processes. They have the wiring all figured out and are more than willing to help you understand how easy it is to do. All the extra lights you see in these pictures are from him.

That looks great, Todd!
Thank you for sharing those pictures and thank you for allowing us to earn your business!
We appreciate you!

Please let us know if we can ever assist you with anything else!

Cheers!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you want a one and done light brand Baja Designs without a question. Color is dependent on what the lights will be used for.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went with KC HiLites Flex Era 4s (spot/combo) Wanted the old school vibe and they make a quality product. Made custom overlays for my covers also.
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? PXL_20230703_003745736
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? PXL_20230702_160934427
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? PXL_20230702_160929525
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? PXL_20230702_203237465
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? PXL_20230702_210037871
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? PXL_20230702_181610536
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? PXL_20230702_181638066.MP

Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? 1710181214002-z

Hey Pbrem22,

If you're in the market for a 3x3-inch light, we highly recommend our Squadron Series light. It offers exceptional brightness and a sleek, low-profile design, making it an ideal choice to build a lighting setup around. On the other hand, if you plan on off-roading more frequently our 4.5x4.5-inch XL Series light might be more suitable. With larger reflectors, they provide enhanced illumination down the road compared to the Squadron's shallower reflectors. All Baja Designs lights come with a lifetime warranty, and you have the flexibility to swap lenses to any pattern or color you desire. Considering the versatility, it's recommended to purchase an extra set of lenses if you're undecided about what lens color you want to run.

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the 6-in rigid round lights for my a pillar pods. I originally had 4-in ones there but liked the brightness of the 6-inch ones better and swapped them out. I bought everything from John at specialty performance parts. They're wiring harnesses and everything made everything plug and play. Here are pictures of the small and large lights. I have really liked the backlight feature that these rigid lights have.

Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? IMG20231221140449

Ford Bronco Pod lights recommendation? IMG20231117180850

IMG20240329201734.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: