Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you were to get the Bimini top, which would you get: Mesh or Canvas and what are your reasons for each? I'm going to buy one and think I know which I want, but am looking for validation or new considerations I hadn't thought of.
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean... if you live in a desert climate or like Florida I could see needing a canvas version with the intense sun but not really sure what the point of canvas is if you are pretty much anywhere else. I guess it would keep you a little drier if you got stuck in the rain, but seems like a dumb reason to get it vs. a mesh bimini to me considering your vehicle would pretty much be soaked either way without a real top on 🤷‍♂️

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the mesh Bimini top. I live in S Florida.
the mesh is just enough to keep the direct sun at bay yet still have the open air experience

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We seem to have abnormal levels of rain here in Utah this year and I'm looking for a canvas Bimini top that will provide slightly better rain protection than being fully open.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a complete noob to this off roading world I was going to ask the same question. I’m leaning towards mesh so that I will still have the open air feel and visibility but some sun protection here in NM. Took the front panels off my 2dr while running errands a couple weeks ago and got a nice burn on my head. Picking which brand to get is a whole other pain.

Sponsored

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the canvas. These georgia summer days are no joke. I also rock tube doors and tonneau cover, so unless I'm sitting dead stopped I get plenty of wind to keep me cool(ish) especially since the canvas bimini keeps me cool. PLUS I have leather seats and they don't get 200 degrees in the sun. Mesh helps for sure but not to the same extent. Where you live, typical configuration and personal taste will dictate

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the canvas. These georgia summer days are no joke. I also rock tube doors and tonneau cover, so unless I'm sitting dead stopped I get plenty of wind to keep me cool(ish) especially since the canvas bimini keeps me cool. PLUS I have leather seats and they don't get 200 degrees in the sun. Mesh helps for sure but not to the same extent. Where you live, typical configuration and personal taste will dictate
Do you have to remove the Bimini to put the hard top back on? Or will it fit underneath. I'm hoping so it's one less step when putting the hard top back on

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a complete noob to this off roading world I was going to ask the same question. I’m leaning towards mesh so that I will still have the open air feel and visibility but some sun protection here in NM. Took the front panels off my 2dr while running errands a couple weeks ago and got a nice burn on my head. Picking which brand to get is a whole other pain.
I've got some free Ford points to spend so I'm looking at the factory ones. Probably more inexpensive ones out there but nothing beats free. I'm leaning canvas because it's high desert where I live. Dog days of summer see temps in the 100s every day without a cloud in the sky.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got some free Ford points to spend so I'm looking at the factory ones. Probably more inexpensive ones out there but nothing beats free. I'm leaning canvas because it's high desert where I live. Dog days of summer see temps in the 100s every day without a cloud in the sky.
I have the OEM Canvas one sitting in a box that I'd be willing to part with. Let me know if you are interested. I went the mesh route :)

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have to remove the Bimini to put the hard top back on? Or will it fit underneath. I'm hoping so it's one less step when putting the hard top back on
The hard top will go right over it. It has zippers in place that you can unzip to access your roof panel latches.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Ford canvas top, and a Jtops mesh top. The canvas one flaps at highway speed, A LOT. The mesh JTops allows that air to pass through and doesn't flap nearly as much. The canvas top sits in the corner, rolled up and unused.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you were to get the Bimini top, which would you get: Mesh or Canvas and what are your reasons for each? I'm going to buy one and think I know which I want, but am looking for validation or new considerations I hadn't thought of.
If you have a soft top you effectively have a cavas one now. I am in Arizona, not the super hot part, but the brutal UV part, 7000' altitude, my JTOP bimini is fantastic. My red headed daughter does not burst into flames, or get burned. It just works.

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have a soft top you effectively have a cavas one now. I am in Arizona, not the super hot part, but the brutal UV part, 7000' altitude, my JTOP bimini is fantastic. My red headed daughter does not burst into flames, or get burned. It just works.
Does the jtop canvas flap badly at highway speeds? A previous comment mentioned canvas is a lot louder than the mesh because air can't pass through it
Sponsored