Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the OEM Canvas one sitting in a box that I'd be willing to part with. Let me know if you are interested. I went the mesh route :)
Messaged you
Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the jtop canvas flap badly at highway speeds? A previous comment mentioned canvas is a lot louder than the mesh because air can't pass through it
No it doesn't flap at all, even if loose. That is because it covers all the edges. You apply a velcro tape down both the sides of the Bronco and then hooks and buckles front and rear. They aren't cheap but are very well regarded in the Jeep community, and have great customer service as well. They are active on this forum from time to time.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the jtop canvas flap badly at highway speeds? A previous comment mentioned canvas is a lot louder than the mesh because air can't pass through it
This is Mike with Jtops. We currently do not make a solid canvas top.

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is Mike with Jtops. We currently do not make a solid canvas top.
How well do your mesh tops compare to canvas? The main things I'm considering is the blistering sun (I live in somewhat of a high desert area), a surprise rain shower, and birds using the interior as a toilet bowl

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How well do your mesh tops compare to canvas? The main things I'm considering is the blistering sun (I live in somewhat of a high desert area), a surprise rain shower, and birds using the interior as a toilet bowl
Great question.

Our dense titanium mesh blocks 90% of the UV rays. It is also a tighter weave so it will keep you dry if you get caught driving in a cloudburst
You can still see through it although it’s not as transparent as our black or color mesh that blocks 80%.
The temperature drop with the titanium mesh is significant. Our tests show a 20 degree drop when under the mesh. The interior surfaces will be warm to the touch and not blistering hot.

I hope this helps.
Mike

Sponsored
OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great question.

Our dense titanium mesh blocks 90% of the UV rays. It is also a tighter weave so it will keep you dry if you get caught driving in a cloudburst
You can still see through it although it’s not as transparent as our black or color mesh that blocks 80%.
The temperature drop with the titanium mesh is significant. Our tests show a 20 degree drop when under the mesh. The interior surfaces will be warm to the touch and not blistering hot.

I hope this helps.
Mike
When I want it off for the true open air existence, is there a zipper or easy way to remove it? Then fold it up to keep in the cab incase I need to put it back on quick?

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I want it off for the true open air existence, is there a zipper or easy way to remove it? Then fold it up to keep in the cab incase I need to put it back on quick?
You can certainly remove it and put it away. Not sure how to define quick other than it can be put on and taken off in minutes depending on the model. I know from experience you can’t put a bungee top on any quicker.
Personally I find no reason to completely remove it.
We get this question every now and then but I think it’s because people have never experienced one. 3,000 plus JTops Bronco shades shipped and everyone uses it according to their need.
We design products to exceed customers expectations for form, function and drivability.
Mike

dinosaurkun

Badlands
First Name
dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR BL 7sp MT in HPR, Mojave in HBP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
another vote for JTops.
their mesh top is fine on the highway even at 75-80+mph.
no loud flapping of the mesh...no need to readjust it after the drive.
even in the Houston heat wave...it's kept me cool enough when out without the top/doors.
the light that does get through the mesh isn't enough to heat up any surfaces to unbearable temps.
i got drizzled on once...and not enough water got through for me to feel the need to pull over and wait out the rain.
it's attached via magnets and velco...so not too cumbersome to take off completely.

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can certainly remove it and put it away. Not sure how to define quick other than it can be put on and taken off in minutes depending on the model. I know from experience you can’t put a bungee top on any quicker.
Personally I find no reason to completely remove it.
We get this question every now and then but I think it’s because people have never experienced one. 3,000 plus JTops Bronco shades shipped and everyone uses it according to their need.
We design products to exceed customers expectations for form, function and drivability.
Mike
Mike, thanks for the full answers. I'm very interested now! I heard some Bimini tops can remove via a zipper, leaving the outer attachments still on. Thanks.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike, thanks for the full answers. I'm very interested now! I heard some Bimini tops can remove via a zipper, leaving the outer attachments still on. Thanks.
You’re very welcome. I hope it helped. Mike

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a Bestops purchased from Ford. Switched to a Custom JTops and couldn't be happier.
Ford Bronco Poll: Canvas or Mesh Bimini Top? 20230619_175656

OP
OP
BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not concerned at all about looks and am only concerned about fit, functionality, and how it is at highway speeds. Thanks everybody
Sponsored