Sponsored

Poll who wants the new Ford Bronco Raptor?

New Ford Bronco Raptor do you want onešŸ˜Ž

• Total voters

Deleted member 32220

If you look at anything long enough, you will start to accept, and maybe even like itā€™s looks. When compared to an F-16 the A-10 wasā€¦. 20 years ago, ugly to me. Now I find something about the A-10 to be extremely bad-a$s Purpose built! with those huge turbo-fans hanging off the side. Underneath the facade of the raptor, is a killer suspension, great little TT motor, and a real nice interior. Itā€™s for somebody, just not me. If you live out west near the desert and want to be king of the hill, and ride home in style ā€œinterior wiseā€ afterwards this is for you. Canā€™t wait to see the videos online. Some big desert air and crashes coming. Stay tuned!

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The fender flares are a deal breaker for me. On a level with the Pontiac Aztec.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance you're alone, this is one of the most popular "unpopular opinions" on this site!

Edit: I actually think it looks fine. Most are overreacting because they thought they bought the big bad wolf 2 years ago and won't even see it before the Raptor takes the road. Some toxic combination of buyers remorse or being overshadowed is causing a lot of the nit picking.
Can't have buyer's remorse when I can't even buy my Bronco yet.

I think the reason you are in the minority with your opinion is that the Raptor looks like a Bronco suffering through whatever happened to this Ranger.

ugly1.jpg

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's pretty ugly, but I could get over that if it's really that much better. I expressed interest to my dealer a while back, and he told me, "expect to pay msrp+30k." For that, I'll pass.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know one of the off road Ford Performance Engineers. Worked on the Raptors for the company and has worked on this one too. He off road races as well, so he knows what he is talking about and how to tune the vehicles. He has NEVER bought one of his Ford vehicles he has worked on as he always had a better option with his race vehicles for the fun.

He has unapologetically stated that he will be getting one of these any way he can even though his Employee Discount doesn't help with Raptor products.
credible endorsement
I don't think many people have criticized how it works. That's not where it falls on its face.

For anybody paying stupid money and still using it like it was intended... more power to them. But I have no doubt very few of those people are going to leave their rigs looking like this.

Last edited:

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overall, the Raptor represents nothing that I want in an off-road vehicle. The lack of a manual transmission is enough, but I also am not a fan of overstated styling. I am INSANELY jealous of the Raptor gauges with analog tach. And the code orange color. They can keep the rest.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah exactly.

Admittedly "masses" was poor wording on my part. Should have said the majority of the target demographic that has the dispensable cash to order a ~$70,000+ vehicle.

I mean, I would be willing to order a $70,000 vehicle, but it has to be exactly the way I want it. $70,000 for a vehicle is definitely a stretch purchase for me, so if it isn't exactly what I want, I'm not doing it. As you said... I'm a bit too pragmatic for this vehicle.
i think we're fortunate that the 'other broncos' are all very customizable. Imagine if Ford went the Honda route and had one optional package per model or trim level. We'd be begging for the Bronco Raptor.

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks like a concept model made by a teenager who slapped together a bunch of cool-looking pieces without concern for how it all meshes together.

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a chance you're alone, this is one of the most popular "unpopular opinions" on this site!

Edit: I actually think it looks fine. Most are overreacting because they thought they bought the big bad wolf 2 years ago and won't even see it before the Raptor takes the road. Some toxic combination of buyers remorse or being overshadowed is causing a lot of the nit picking.

I think FORD was looking to get some of the exterior rear sheetmetal / Raptor 150 DNA ----the rear fender flares on the f150 raptor and bronco raptor are very similar....I think painting the fenders to match the body color will go a long way to remove the questionable aesthetic of the black fenders...However...for its' intended purpose---high speed off road..the fenders are there for a reason / function ---much wider track and to control the dirt/rock spray ---so for mall crawling ---its not a home- run...but for its intended purpose ---the fenders are doing their job....

Yes --I want one ...for a couple other reasons...I am hopeful that Raptor has a more durable drivetrain...the current bronco motor 2.7 with the shitty 10 speed are serious questions marks at this point...a number of 2.7's are going MIA and the current 10 speed is not robust.
Cheers

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two door elitists out in full force on this thread šŸ˜‚.
You left out the manual transmission elitists. We're here, too!! ;)

I am INSANELY jealous of the Raptor gauges with analog tach.
The only thing the Raptor preview does is piss me off for the rest of eternity when I think about or look at the instrument panel in the regular Broncos.

Ford can do it right, they just choose not to do so.
Amen. The stock Ford gauges suck.

I don't mind 4-doors or automatic transmissions or big, ugly fender flares. People can choose what they want and, as an admitted 2-door manual transmission elitist, I'm grateful those things exist. Because without them I know that my 2-door manual wouldn't exist.

But c'mon Ford, the stock gauges are just horrible.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will stick with my Badlands SAS - if I ever get one..... I don't want to pay 70-80k and then take it off road and beat it up.... My Badlands SAS will do the tamer trails and my new Polaris Turbo R will take on the hard ones.... Two toys are better than one expensive one

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. Not a good look.