First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
misc, no jeep or bronco at this time.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick shout out to Damerow for the test drive of their demo unit (Wildtrack, 2.7, 10 speed, Sas, soft top). Top halfway down, easy to do, and absolutely great feel with the open air ride. The 2.7 engine does not disappoint. I'm very happy to have switched to the soft top (eventually we will get an aftermarket hardtop) as I didn't feel any problems with wind or road noise cruising down the road.

Totally jazzed for mine.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick shout out to Damerow for the test drive of their demo unit (Wildtrack, 2.7, 10 speed, Sas, soft top). Top halfway down, easy to do, and absolutely great feel with the open air ride. The 2.7 engine does not disappoint. I'm very happy to have switched to the soft top (eventually we will get an aftermarket hardtop) as I didn't feel any problems with wind or road noise cruising down the road.

Totally jazzed for mine.
At this point I don't think there's an advantage to switching to the soft top. I don't think they are going to add any capacity between now and MY22 (early December). I'm still sticking with the hard top (I'd gladly take the soft top but my CFO wants the hard top) as I don't think it will affect when I get the Bronco.

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At this point I don't think there's an advantage to switching to the soft top. I don't think they are going to add any capacity between now and MY22 (early December). I'm still sticking with the hard top (I'd gladly take the soft top but my CFO wants the hard top) as I don't think it will affect when I get the Bronco.
For us, the switch will allow us to get our bronco earlier and that was a compelling aspect. Also, given the history of the hardtop design/construction it is an area where I want to wait and see if Ford can Git-R-Done or an aftermarket company will. Choice is a good thing and we have the luxury of easily enjoying the soft top with the eventual addition of an established hardtop.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For us, the switch will allow us to get our bronco earlier and that was a compelling aspect. Also, given the history of the hardtop design/construction it is an area where I want to wait and see if Ford can Git-R-Done or an aftermarket company will. Choice is a good thing and we have the luxury of easily enjoying the soft top with the eventual addition of an established hardtop.
Unless you have a VIN now it probably won’t make a difference at all.

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unless you have a VIN now it probably won’t make a difference at all.
You are probably right, but I was just at my dealer yesterday and I like my odds.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone here actually have a VIN. Also when did you all reserve?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not have a VIN, my reservation date was 7/16/20 (day three) Placed order 1/26/21.
Tomorrow should be your day assuming 4 door soft top :)

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tomorrow should be your day assuming 4 door soft top :)
I have an early 7/15 reservation and "now" a soft top, hence my optimism. It was clear that I would be a Q1/22 (and not likely in January based upon dealer discussion) if I held to hard top.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an early 7/15 reservation and "now" a soft top, hence my optimism. It was clear that I would be a Q1/22 (and not likely in January based upon dealer discussion) if I held to hard top.
There doesn't appear to be many more day 1-2 reservations remaining (assuming 4 door soft top). If Ford is pumping 15k monthly (based on their July production numbers of 7k with 2 weeks downtime) with only 4 door soft top builds you have to imagine they are nearing the 30k production mark by end of Sept. 30k sounds like the number of 4 door soft top day 1-2 converted orders if there are 125,000 total all trim orders.

Deleted member 5064

There doesn't appear to be many more day 1-2 reservations remaining (assuming 4 door soft top). If Ford is pumping 15k monthly (based on their July production numbers of 7k with 2 weeks downtime) with only 4 door soft top builds you have to imagine they are nearing the 30k production mark by end of Sept. 30k sounds like the number of 4 door soft top day 1-2 converted orders if there are 125,000 total all trim orders.
It will be interesting to see what the attrition rate of canceled orders will be in September when folks are called by dealer to “resubmit” order/spec for’ 22. Will we be moved up a slot or are those getting scooped up for dealer retail units? I’m a 2 door Sasquatch so hoping to have my truck by Q2 2022 🤞

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you including the First Editions in your calculations. :unsure:

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you including the First Editions in your calculations. :unsure:
Word is only half of FEs that were reserved actually converted. I know of multiple that changed their reservation to a different model once the specs were released like no tow and no wash out floor. But no I didn’t.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see what the attrition rate of canceled orders will be in September when folks are called by dealer to “resubmit” order/spec for’ 22. Will we be moved up a slot or are those getting scooped up for dealer retail units? I’m a 2 door Sasquatch so hoping to have my truck by Q2 2022 🤞
That’s a very good point that I never thought of. I bet some dealers convert on non-replying customers behalf for their own benefit, but I still bet it clears up a good sum of abandoned orders
Sponsored