First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco 2dr Big Bend; 98 Dodge Dakota; 2014 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just picked up my 2 door Big Bend from Damerow on Friday, 12/3. It was roughly $1,000 over MSRP after license, title, and $399 VIN etch scam that they wouldn’t budge on. They tried to charge another $400 for “enhanced security” but took that out.

my only issue was that even with a confirmed vehicle, price (MSRP) and no financing, it still took over 2 hours to get out the door from my 3PM appointment.
Sponsored

• Angry
Reactions: Lai

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked up my 2 door Big Bend from Damerow on Friday, 12/3. It was roughly $1,000 over MSRP after license, title, and $399 VIN etch scam that they wouldn’t budge on. They tried to charge another $400 for “enhanced security” but took that out.

my only issue was that even with a confirmed vehicle, price (MSRP) and no financing, it still took over 2 hours to get out the door from my 3PM appointment.
Well that’s disappointing lol

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's a VIN etch?

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, that’s it. $399 for $20 kit to etch the VIN or other identification into your windows.
Sucks that they did that without your request.... Even though Damero offered at MSRP, still a bit shady. That said, Congrats on finally receiving your Bronco! That's one more out on the road to look for.

divisionbull

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco 2dr Big Bend; 98 Dodge Dakota; 2014 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sucks that they did that without your request.... Even though Damero offered at MSRP, still a bit shady. That said, Congrats on finally receiving your Bronco! That's one more out on the road to look for.
It was the first 2 door I’ve seen in person and salesperson said it was second they’ve gotten, behind a First Edition.

They mentioned several times that I could sell it for more, and if I didn’t want it they would add $5-7500 markup and sell it.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was the first 2 door I’ve seen in person and salesperson said it was second they’ve gotten, behind a First Edition.

They mentioned several times that I could sell it for more, and if I didn’t want it they would add $5-7500 markup and sell it.
Other than photos, I've seen 2 2doors - both at Damero. I'm sure you'd have no issue at all selling for a nice markup. Better though to have and enjoy, IMO. Cheers.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, that’s it. $399 for $20 kit to etch the VIN or other identification into your windows.
Ew I'm more upset about the etch itself than the hidden fee, I don't want my glass marked up. Did they do all the windows?

2w1se

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ew I'm more upset about the etch itself than the hidden fee, I don't want my glass marked up. Did they do all the windows?
Your right, if someone graffiti the vehicle I would want it replaced or to be compensated for that. That’s not okay.

Sponsored

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just texted Nick now to tell him I’m going to working him over about the vin etch. Gives me about 8 months to negotiate. :p
Let me know if you find a path around it. Also don't want the etching from Damerow.

JTY

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2019 H-D Low Rider
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Bronco arrived at Damerow yesterday. Waiting on PDI, and a final out the door price. We'll see if they ask me to pay for VIN etching or not.

2w1se

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco arrived at Damerow yesterday. Waiting on PDI, and a final out the door price. We'll see if they ask me to pay for VIN etching or not.
Walk around your bronco before finalizing. If you see vin etching then act frustrated they put it on there like they kind of ruined your vehicle then you may have an easier time having them not charge you.

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Walk around your bronco before finalizing. If you see vin etching then act frustrated they put it on there like they kind of ruined your vehicle then you may have an easier time having them not charge you.
Please let all of us know how this works out, I do want to work with Damerow on DIO's, but want the ones I want, not what they feel like adding without authorization. Vin etch really does not make sense on a soft top...
Sponsored