Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford seems to send out the emails in batches, so the confirmations can come days later. Either that or the dealers are submitting them in batches. I haven't received my confirmation yet. Signed the DORA on Friday.

Pretty wild how opaque this whole system is. These are $50k vehicles on order. You'd think we'd have a way to check the status and confirm everything is going smoothly. You get far more detailed info ordering a pack of air fresheners on Amazon. Ford corporate has been really disappointing.
Ford's entire model has not been around custom orders. It's been about delivering vehicles to dealers. This direct to consumer model and customization is new to them and I expected some hiccups. And I was not disappointed. Well, I was, maybe I should have said I wasn't surprised.
Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see attrition rate for not re - submitted ā€™22 orders. The popular number I saw was 125k submitted orders is ā€˜21. Minus a about 15k produced so far my guess is 20-30% wonā€™t be re ordering truck leaving 80-90k orders left to fulfill. Will be interesting to see a year from now the drop out rate.
Agreed. This reorder process is a godsend in disguise. Hopefully 20-30% drop. I figure dealers will submit orders on behalf of customers that didnā€™t ask though so they get stock.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's hiccups, and then there's full on choking. This is a business model they are pursuing for multiple models, and it's not like they didn't have time to plan it out in detail. Communication should be the easiest piece.

With this reservation list, they have a huge mailing list of customers 75%+ likely to make a big purchase from them. Should be a platinum asset to anyone who works in sales. All they have to do is keep people feeling like they are engaged with the process. It's weird to me how garbled, incomplete, and confusing the messaging is. Without B6G I'd be lost.

Deleted member 5064

Agreed. This reorder process is a godsend in disguise. Hopefully 20-30% drop. I figure dealers will submit orders on behalf of customers that didnā€™t ask though so they get stock.
Donā€™t dealers have to name match to a real live body/reservation? Maybe thatā€™s changed as well šŸ™„.

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t dealers have to name match to a real live body/reservation? Maybe thatā€™s changed as well šŸ™„.
For 2021 they needed a 80% name match, the new rules for 2022 are 60%. If they exceed the numbers it messes with the number they receive for resale.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the car was getting the oil changed Nick and I drove around for an hour. It was a blast to drive! MY22 order is placed with no changes.

Ford Bronco Portland Area Dealer Discussions F0BE07A3-2B33-4C59-A5C1-8F0CB69BD403

Glad I went with Damerow as at their volume, not top in the state but top in the region, they will have a substantial allocation.

Iā€™m still guessing with my December reservation that Iā€™m still looking at next summer.

Also some lucky customers are going to be getting their ultra rare 2 doors.

Ford Bronco Portland Area Dealer Discussions 91E56915-A50D-4430-8ADA-8FA093970497

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I went with Damerow as at their volume, not top in the state but top in the region, they will have a substantial allocation.
This is why I ended up going with them too, function of volume/allocation.

Do they have a "dedicated Bronco sales area" now? Saw that CO last week but if they have a 2 dr CG I might have to stop back for a drive.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I ended up going with them too, function of volume/allocation.

Do they have a "dedicated Bronco sales area" now? Saw that CO last week but if they have a 2 dr CG I might have to stop back for a drive.
CG is a customer vehicle.

Dedicated sales area? Heh, no.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the car was getting the oil changed Nick and I drove around for an hour. It was a blast to drive! MY22 order is placed with no changes.

F0BE07A3-2B33-4C59-A5C1-8F0CB69BD403.jpeg

Iā€™m still guessing with my December reservation that Iā€™m still looking at next summer.

Also some lucky customers are going to be getting their ultra rare 2 doors.

91E56915-A50D-4430-8ADA-8FA093970497.jpeg
it looks like they are starting to get a bunch of customer orders in so thatā€™s good. Any other insight from your hour convo with Nick? Iā€™m jonsing for info. Iā€™m curious how many people are going to abandon their 2022 order by never reaching back out to order due to this rollout taking forever, gas prices, or other. Iā€™m a May 7, 2021 reservation. If March rolls around and you still donā€™t have your VIN Iā€™ll reluctantly switch to a soft top. I need it by June 30th when my lease is up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it looks like they are starting to get a bunch of customer orders in so thatā€™s good. Any other insight from your hour convo with Nick? Iā€™m jonsing for info. Iā€™m curious how many people are going to abandon their 2022 order by never reaching back out to order due to this rollout taking forever, gas prices, or other. Iā€™m a May 7, 2021 reservation. If March rolls around and you still donā€™t have your VIN Iā€™ll reluctantly switch to a soft top. I need it by June 30th when my lease is up.
Somethings I wonā€™t repeat.:cool:

I did ask about abandoned orders for this next round and that doesnā€™t seem to be a thing, at least not in notable quantities. I suspect most people understand that even if they donā€™t want their Bronco after all this time they can easily sell it for what they paid for it and probably more even a year from now.

With that late of a reservation I suggest you switch to a soft top now and then have a plan for when your lease is up. And that plan wonā€™t included driving a Bronco.

Also heā€™s going to be out for a week so if youā€™re trying to reach him wait until he gets back.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somethings I wonā€™t repeat.:cool:

I did ask about abandoned orders for this next round and that doesnā€™t seem to be a thing, at least not in notable quantities. I suspect most people understand that even if they donā€™t want their Bronco after all this time they can easily sell it for what they paid for it and probably more even a year from now.

With that late of a reservation I suggest you switch to a soft top now and then have a plan for when your lease is up. And that plan wonā€™t included driving a Bronco.

Also heā€™s going to be out for a week so if youā€™re trying to reach him wait until he gets back.
Worst case is I buy the lease. Itā€™s worth about $12k more than my buyout price right now. Iā€™d be willing to wager most people donā€™t know about reselling, or have no idea how to deal with the taxes etc, hence why trading a car into a dealer is a huge business

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worst case is I buy the lease. Itā€™s worth about $12k more than my buyout price right now. Iā€™d be willing to wager most people donā€™t know about reselling, or have no idea how to deal with the taxes etc, hence why trading a car into a dealer is a huge business
I think youā€™ll also find that the reservation holders are more savvy than your average owner. Plus even the least competent person can contact a place like Carvana and pocket the profit with zero hassle.

I think best case scenario for Damerow is that they fill all of their reservation orders by the end of the year. As that you and I were late to the party itā€™s best to plan for something along those lines.