Sponsored

Possible to remove soft top back and side windows while closed?

RumbleP

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone, I am wondering if It's possible to remove the back and side window while the soft top is close ? I am asking to know if they are easily stealable ?

I'm looking to buy a Bronco, but I'm afraid of having my roof robbed and also the side window.

EDIT: If someone broke the side or the rear windows of a soft top, are they replaceable ? Or do I need to boy a whole new top ?
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone, I am wondering if It's possible to remove the back and side window while the soft top is close ? I am asking to know if they are easily stealable ?

I'm looking to buy a Bronco, but I'm afraid of having my roof robbed and also the side window.

EDIT: If someone broke the side or the rear windows of a soft top, are they replaceable ? Or do I need to boy a whole new top ?
I’m almost positive you can buy replacement panels separately. A thief would cut the panels and never take the time to remove them. Everything I leave in my Bronco is replaceable. Go in with that mentality and you’ll be fine.

Some guys have invested in the trunk or console safe. ROI really depends on what you’re keeping in it and where you park.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

i have a soft top and have tried to take the off while top is up and locked
its insanely hard dont worry
they would just cut the windows out if they saw something they wanted lol
get a back deck cover
i made one out of ply board cut 2x4 and wraped in water proof fabric
slides right into slot where back washer prep package stuff goes

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have a soft top and have tried to take the off while top is up and locked
its insanely hard dont worry
they would just cut the windows out if they saw something they wanted lol
get a back deck cover
i made one out of ply board cut 2x4 and wraped in water proof fabric
slides right into slot where back washer prep package stuff goes
. Wait. I’m confused. What did you make with the plywood and 2X4’s

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think OP is referencing the potential to steal the actual windows vs. stealing something out of the vehicle via destroying them.
Short and sad answer is yes, they are removable while the top is latched. Quickly and easily.
And there is zero any of us can do to dissuade thievery or secure the actual windows.
I guess the good thing is I have not heard of anyone getting soft top windows themselves stolen, but I guess it is a potential thing.
Really nothing to lose sleep over as there is zero you can do to prevent it from being an issue.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do people steel soft tops in Canada?
Think of it from a criminal point of view. How much money do you think you would get on the street or pawn shop selling just the side/rear soft top windows for a particular vehicle? Not that all criminals use their brain, but be more concerned with them stealing any openly visible contents over soft top components. I would think if this was a viable thing, it would have happened already in the Jeep community and I have not heard of it.
@prospectfour said it perfectly.
Sponsored