Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw some pictures of a potential solution for the wavy windows problem posted in the Bronco 6x group on Facebook. The person glued aluminum stays inside each window. I copied his pictures and am posting them here. As you can see, it looks awfully good. And apparently the back still tilts up.

Once the temperature gets above ridiculously cold, I think I'll try taping some thin wood strips inside mine to see if that has the same effect. That way if it doesn't work, I won't have made a mess of my roof. If it does work, I'll try to mimic what he did. Although maybe using velcro would be a good solution so that the stays could easily be removed to put the roof all the way down, if that is an issue.

I asked him if he some questions about the specifics of what he did, but he hasn't responded.

Any thoughts on this approach?

Ford Bronco Potential solution for wavy windows? Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 2.37.23 PM
Ford Bronco Potential solution for wavy windows? Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 2.36.43 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw some pictures of a potential solution for the wavy windows problem in the Bronco 6x group on Facebook. The person glued aluminum stays inside each window. I copied his pictures and am posting them here. As you can see, it looks awfully good.

Once the temperature gets above ridiculously cold, I think I'll try taping some thin wood strips inside mine to see if that has the same effect. That way if it doesn't work, I won't have made a mess of my roof. If it does work, I'll try to mimic what he did.

I asked him if he some questions and wonder if he could still tilt up the back, but he hasn't responded.

Can anyone think of any pitfalls in this approach?

Ford Bronco Potential solution for wavy windows? Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 2.36.43 PM
That’s pretty clever. Would hot glue work?

OP
OP
Steve62

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s pretty clever. Would hot glue work?
I don't have any idea. As I said, I just saw this idea posted in a different Bronco group. About five days ago I asked the guy who posted it about it, but he hasn't responded. I haven't done it myself.

ARBRONCO22

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw some pictures of a potential solution for the wavy windows problem posted in the Bronco 6x group on Facebook. The person glued aluminum stays inside each window. I copied his pictures and am posting them here. As you can see, it looks awfully good. And apparently the back still tilts up.

Once the temperature gets above ridiculously cold, I think I'll try taping some thin wood strips inside mine to see if that has the same effect. That way if it doesn't work, I won't have made a mess of my roof. If it does work, I'll try to mimic what he did. Although maybe using velcro would be a good solution so that the stays could easily be removed to put the roof all the way down, if that is an issue.

I asked him if he some questions about the specifics of what he did, but he hasn't responded.

Any thoughts on this approach?

I would rather get my driver’s window to stop shaking going down the road when it is cracked open an inch or two

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would rather get my driver’s window to stop shaking going down the road when it is cracked open an inch or two
i believe there’s a service bulletin for the window rattle. The dealer is suppose to be able to adjust it.

Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good, but for me I am not at all bothered by the wavy rear windows. I would imagine it may cause issues with dropping the top.
Sponsored