RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to see them in bronze. could be a game changer.
Agreed. Any Photoshop or Solidworks jockeys out there that could make this happen (virtually)?
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i like them a lot. I'm gonna eventually look for a set of stock Badlands wheels and get them powdercoated as well. I opted for the optional beadlocks but i really preferred the stock Badlands wheels i just don't trust the clear coat on them to not start corroding here in MN so i wanted to coat them. I can't let the rig be down for weeks to get the rims coated so i'll have to get a spare set eventually :)

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all

After seeing a few others powdercoat their OBX wheels, I decided to follow along. The PC guys calls this Matte Black. It isn't really flat or matte...it just is NOT glossy. It has a smooth finish. Cost was $125 per wheel.

I went with BFG KO's in 255/70r18 which is the stock OBX size. These were available in a "D" rated tire. I was avoiding the taller "E" tire as did not want to change the highway characteristics too much. There is zero difference in ride quality from the stock Bridgstone Duellers. Very happy with the setup and how it turned out!

20220311_153640 (2).jpg

20220311_153659 (2).jpg
Almost looks as good as mine ;-)
Ford Bronco Powdercoated my Outer Banks (OBX) wheels! IMG_4698

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine are getting done right now. I chose glossy. Wish I'd seen yours first, they look amazing. Now I'm questioning my choice :p
Mine was glossy and I love them.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all

After seeing a few others powdercoat their OBX wheels, I decided to follow along. The PC guys calls this Matte Black. It isn't really flat or matte...it just is NOT glossy. It has a smooth finish. Cost was $125 per wheel.

I went with BFG KO's in 255/70r18 which is the stock OBX size. These were available in a "D" rated tire. I was avoiding the taller "E" tire as did not want to change the highway characteristics too much. There is zero difference in ride quality from the stock Bridgstone Duellers. Very happy with the setup and how it turned out!

This looks really great!
The only other thing I'm not yet sold on are the body colored flares on the OBX. 🤔

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How’s the proportion of the tire to the wheel well look in person with the new tires vs OEM? I was gonna go up to 33”+ but now rethinking. Spoke with my tire guy, and he does not recommend E load on lighter vehicles such as Bronco and Jeeps.

BTW, powder coating does change the whole look of the OBX rims for the better. I’m pretty sure I‘m going to keep stock as the pin stripping from rocks whatnot won’t show as badly.
I just put 275/70/18 33's on my OBX I brought home yesterday. I actually think the Load E Terra Grapps are smoother than the Dueler AT's. They are slightly louder, but only by a hare.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all

Looks perfect.

woodysfj40

Outer Banks
First Name
woody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BJ74, FZJ80, NCV3, JHF
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Traded a case of beer to a buddy for his stock OBX wheels, and dropped them at the powdercoater. Wife just picked up our new Bronco this morning, will make the changeover quick.

Going with Oil Rubbed Bronze....pics pending in a week :) $90/wheel.

PXL_20230825_155729643.jpg

jrandy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Traded a case of beer to a buddy for his stock OBX wheels, and dropped them at the powdercoater. Wife just picked up our new Bronco this morning, will make the changeover quick.

Going with Oil Rubbed Bronze....pics pending in a week :) $90/wheel.

Ford Bronco Powdercoated my Outer Banks (OBX) wheels! PXL_20230825_155729643
Following along for this... Been wanting to see this combo.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going to follow…can’t wait to see the wheels in bronze

Boneman000

Outer Banks
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just wanted to thank you guys for this thread. I had my Outer Banks Rims powder coated and new Toyo AT3 tires installed. What a difference.
Ford Bronco Powdercoated my Outer Banks (OBX) wheels! 1698948749782
Sponsored