First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the GoRhino boards which look identical, I think they just have a different brand name slapped on them. They do come with a override switch so I'm not sure why you would want to put them on an AUX switch? The main power and ground are good size wire around 10/12ga so if you did want to pit them.on a switch I would use a relay and it would be simple to do. I've had mine 7 months and really like them.

OP
OP
rmb

rmb

Wildtrak
First Name
RAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the GoRhino boards which look identical, I think they just have a different brand name slapped on them. They do come with a override switch so I'm not sure why you would want to put them on an AUX switch? The main power and ground are good size wire around 10/12ga so if you did want to pit them.on a switch I would use a relay and it would be simple to do. I've had mine 7 months and really like them.
Thanks for your reply. When they get installed, I assume they get plugged into the car in a way that allows them to deploy when the door is open and retract when the door is closed, but I would like to override them to keep them deployed in parking lots to prevent door dings. Do you have an override switch? Did you mount it somewhere inside the car? I was hoping to avoid having to mount a switch inside the car and use an aux switch instead.

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also have the Go Rhino boards on my 4 door and have been very happy with them for about 6 months

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for your reply. When they get installed, I assume they get plugged into the car in a way that allows them to deploy when the door is open and retract when the door is closed, but I would like to override them to keep them deployed in parking lots to prevent door dings. Do you have an override switch? Did you mount it somewhere inside the car? I was hoping to avoid having to mount a switch inside the car and use an aux switch instead.
They utilize magnetic door trigger switches, there is a on/off switch but it only locks them in the UP position. If you wanted to keep them deployed an upfitter master switch would be ideal. I'm not sure what the power consumption of the boards are so you MAY be able to wire them directly to the higher amp upfitter. My suggestion would be to utilize a relay, I can't remember if there is an option to keep 1 of the upfitter switches battery hot or not, because if it turns off with the ignition they will not deploy. I'd have to do some thinking on how one would wire this up.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking for feedback on these power steps, as well as guidance from anyone who might have been able to wire up the controller to an auxiliary switch, as the rep from RC told me that this cannot be done. Thanks!

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/electric-running-boards-psr51330
We sell the AMP power steps and have sold TONS of them. Very popular. Especially with the release of the XTREME Steps (dual motor). I'd recommend the AMP as it's a name brand that people know are quality (AMP are the steps that Ford actually installs when you opt for steps to be installed):

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/side-steps/

Use our QUOTE button for a great price too!

OP
OP
rmb

rmb

Wildtrak
First Name
RAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We sell the AMP power steps and have sold TONS of them. Very popular. Especially with the release of the XTREME Steps (dual motor). I'd recommend the AMP as it's a name brand that people know are quality (AMP are the steps that Ford actually installs when you opt for steps to be installed):

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/side-steps/

Use our QUOTE button for a great price too!
Thanks much! I actually ordered the 76140-01A AMP Power Steps from a local shop that is also going to install them (and the override switch) for me. Sorry the timing did not work out for me to place an order (although your price is $100 more - wink), but I do appreciate the tip, as it validated what I concluded in my research. Thanks again!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks much! I actually ordered the 76140-01A AMP Power Steps from a local shop that is also going to install them (and the override switch) for me. Sorry the timing did not work out for me to place an order (although your price is $100 more - wink), but I do appreciate the tip, as it validated what I concluded in my research. Thanks again!
Our price is actually not $100 more. We have to advertise the price the manufacturer states, which is why we tell folks to use the QUOTE button (WINK!)

What are they charging you for installation?

OP
OP
rmb

rmb

Wildtrak
First Name
RAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our price is actually not $100 more. We have to advertise the price the manufacturer states, which is why we tell folks to use the QUOTE button (WINK!)

Oh. Interesting. My bad. You out-winked me! ;-) Let me answer your question with a question: How much would you charge for installation of those power steps?

Sponsored

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the rough country steps and the dealer put them on for me before delivery. Very happy with them. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the amp steps.

Reactions: rmb

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh. Interesting. My bad. You out-winked me! ;-) Let me answer your question with a question: How much would you charge for installation of those power steps?
We charge $600

OP
OP
rmb

rmb

Wildtrak
First Name
RAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We charge $600
Whew. I dodged triple-wink there :) I am being charged $575. Still, your pricing and transparency are such that I think that anyone who happens upon this thread should feel confident about doing business with you. Thanks again!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Since you have installed alot of these on Broncos, do the Amp powesteps make a loud clunk noise when closing? I have the smart series, I dont expect them to be silent, but damn its loud when they close.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whew. I dodged triple-wink there :) I am being charged $575. Still, your pricing and transparency are such that I think that anyone who happens upon this thread should feel confident about doing business with you. Thanks again!
Yeah that's about right. The steps are not HARD to install but take a while. The wiring is the worst. It's VERY difficult to get to the 2 wires you have to tap into. It takes 2 guys about 4 hours here to do it (we charge 6 hours instead of 8 though).

There is actually a $150 instant rebate on AMP so the price would actually have been $1,599 but again, when folks use our QUOTE button it might even be cheaper :)

But you didn't have to drive here at least and with what those tolls cost it woulda been about the same price.
Sponsored