Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since you have installed alot of these on Broncos, do the Amp powesteps make a loud clunk noise when closing? I have the smart series, I dont expect them to be silent, but damn its loud when they close.
Yes that is normal. It's made when the steps retract.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure, AMP steps on F150 dont make the same loud clunk.

jas129

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased the Go Rhino based on some early reviews, dual motors, lower price, and availablity (at the time) of the Amp Research steps.

Everything installed OK and they worked great initially. They still work well, but they "bang" about 75% of the time when they extend down and when the retract. I've tried working with their support, but there has been no resolution. The other issue is there is no delay when you close a door. So, if you open the rear door to put something in, close it, open the front door - it goes down and up multiple times - and bangs.

I will probably pull these and find something else.

OP
OP
rmb

rmb

Wildtrak
First Name
RAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can confirm that the Amp Research Running Boards (Part# 76140-01A) that I installed a few weeks ago are great so far. They do make a clucking sound on deployment and retraction, but not in a malfunctioning sort of way. The car is so loud in every other respect, it kind of fits.
Sponsored