Sponsored

Powered Running Boards reviews on AMP, Go Rhino or Rough Country ?

DuxRus

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and the Bronco community. Just bought a 23 Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package and need to install powered running boards for the wife so I’m looking for opinions/ reviews from those of you that have installed the AMP, Go Rhyno or Rough Country boards. Specifically, quality, installation issues, opinions on durability likes and dislikes.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

DuxRus
Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and the Bronco community. Just bought a 23 Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package and need to install powered running boards for the wife so I’m looking for opinions/ reviews from those of you that have installed the AMP, Go Rhyno or Rough Country boards. Specifically, quality, installation issues, opinions on durability likes and dislikes.

DuxRus
Welcome!

I went with the RC boards due to the cost and installed them about 2 weeks ago. So far so good.
I bought them to make it easier for my wife to get in and out, but I think it also makes it a lot easier to get out than the stock running boards.
Ford Bronco Powered Running Boards reviews on AMP, Go Rhino or Rough Country ? 1706649434654

Ford Bronco Powered Running Boards reviews on AMP, Go Rhino or Rough Country ? 1706649602867

I'm not usually a fan of the RC stuff, but these seem to be pretty much the same as the GoRhino boards for 2/3 of the price. Still need to see how they hold up over the long-term.

DawgFish

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 2 Door SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed Amp on my previous vehicle and they were flawless during the 3 years had it. Of course they were much less expensive than they are now.

cat69man

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Dr. Bronco Sasquatch, 2022 Roadglide Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed Rock Slide Engineering and love them but they are pricey. Look at Aries ActionTrac.

ChrisZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Amp steps on our 68 and 23 Bronco. Easier install on the 23. They work great and installed them myself. They operate on the 23 with doors by tapping into one wire under the dash (hardest part) and plugging into the ODB II port. No door switches to install.

I have had them in snow and mud. Only one time did the steps not retract all the way up, however they were caked with frozen mud. Washed them off and they worked fine.

Sponsored

Notorespot

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
AMP steps are easily the best accessory Ive installed. I found it ackward to exit the vehicle with the factory steps.

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

DuxRus
I have the AMP power running boards on my 4-door Badlands. Less than a year installed, and the driver side motor is making this horrendous noise. At first it was just a slight noise on the deploy, but now the real bad noise is on retraction. Obviously the motor is having an issue. The passenger side is fine. Trying to get it fixed via warranty. Just have to leave them down / unplugged for now.

Sponsored

GTTom

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the AMP Smart Series to get the smart phone app so I can lower the running boards whenever I want. I like to drop them down when going through the car wash so they can pre-prep pressure wash the top of the boards, then retract them before going through the tunnel, especially in the winter time. It's been 4 months and they work great. No problems so far even with frozen slush build up from the highways around here.
Ford Bronco Powered Running Boards reviews on AMP, Go Rhino or Rough Country ? 5642AD7E-BBD3-46F4-A940-B2E8635BF23D
Ford Bronco Powered Running Boards reviews on AMP, Go Rhino or Rough Country ? 73E68F45-2860-437A-A239-F5AC886000BE

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had the GoRhino power boards for almost a year now, they work great. Install took about 5 hours taking my time. I believe these and the Rough Country are the same just different packaging.

Ford Bronco Powered Running Boards reviews on AMP, Go Rhino or Rough Country ? 20240107_195109

meh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the AMP steps and love them but I'm curious what happens if I take the doors off?
Sponsored