Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This pan is exactly the same volume as stock. PPE does offer a deep pan, but I am not sure if it will work on the Bronco due to decreasing the ground clearance.
I haven’t seen a reduction in operating temperature yet, but haven’t towed or driven it hard enough to exceed the capacity of the stock cooler. I will update as I put more miles on it in varying conditions.
Forgot to ask - is it dimensionally any taller than the stock pan? Curious how it might affect skid clearance...

OP
OP
kr_1315

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgot to ask - is it dimensionally any taller than the stock pan? Curious how it might affect skid clearance...
It’s about 1/2 inch lower in the front, and 1/4inch lower in the back. Probably will not interfere with any skid plate.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, I can not. I used a Mityvac to suck the fluid out of the dipstick hole on the side of the transmission. The oil in the OEM pan in the first photo is all that was left, about 4 ounces. I removed the pan without spilling a drop. I measured the oil I removed in a graduated cylinder, and replaced with the exact amount. Prior to doing this, I measured the volume of each pan to ensure it is exactly the same. It ended up being 4 1/2 quarts, that was drained and replaced. I also discovered, as expected, that when cold, the fluid level in the pan remains below the pan gasket.
Of note, I had a new filter and gasket on hand, but did not use either. I only had 2500 miles, and there was no metal fuzz on the magnet in the OEM pan. I purchased a 12 qt. case of Motorcraft ULV from Rockauto. (Approx. $85 with tax and shipping)
My plan is to drain the 4 /2 qts. or so every 15 to 20K, and replace with fresh. I have owned 22 Fords, including 6 that were purchaed new. Following this routine, I have never had a transmission issue of any kind. This includes multi generations of Mustangs, Explorers, F150s, and a Fusion, and over a million miles combined. I don't have anything other than anecdotal evidence that it is beneficial, but I enjoy doing all of my own maintenance, and as a result, it is very inexpensive.
Thanks for the info. Just getting ready to do this myself at my next oil change at 25K. Cheap insurance to me for sure. Never been a fan of flushing and really no need if you change the fluid at decent intervals.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if that pan is available in a black finish also!

Sponsored
OP
OP
kr_1315

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. I reused the original gasket. 7 months later, it has not leaked a drop.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you happen to have or remember the torque specs for the pan bolts and the filter bolts? Those pages won't load from the service manual that was posted here on B6G. Only the drain/refill section loads and that only gives the fluid fill plug spec (35 lbs. if anyone needs it).

Better yet anyone have the transmission pages from the service manual?
Sponsored