Sponsored

Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I saw on a Long McArthur video yesterday that FE builds are being looked at tomorrow. Tim Bartz said if you have one, you may see it get scheduled.
Some of us got them scheduled this past Saturday. Below is the email I got Saturday at 3:42PM for mine (it also included the VIN):

Ford Bronco Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out. 1631143908744

My question is: How many FE reservation holders have yet to be scheduled? I wish someone could say something like "6% built, 43% scheduled, 51% to be scheduled" as an update.
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So wait, honest question here:

Are these Dirt Mountain Broncos being driven back & forth between MAP and the storage lot that is approx 10 miles away?

Pretty sure there is a straight-shot rail line that is likely being utilized.

I'll be less than thrilled if my Dirt Mountain shows up with upwards of 40 miles on it.

Ford Bronco Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out. 1631143908744
yes they are...if 40 miles concerns you someone will gladly take off your hands. There's all kinds of new vehicles that arrive with 20-50 miles on them.

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes they are...if 40 miles concerns you someone will gladly take off your hands. There's all kinds of new vehicles that arrive with 20-50 miles on them.
Do you know this as a fact, or are you just speculating?
I'm not really too concerned about minimal mileage on my new rig....more interested in the transport method being employed.

I avoid this forum for a few weeks bc of Bronco fatigue, come back to ask a simple question, and the keyboard clowns emerge right on queue!!!

FWIW, I saw another thread that indicated they are being loaded 6 to 8 at a time on transport haulers. But who knows....maybe that expert from 9 states away is just as ill-informed as you.

Feel free NOT to reply if you have no real knowledge or ground-truth on the situation.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My question is: How many FE reservation holders have yet to be scheduled? I wish someone could say something like "6% built, 43% scheduled, 51% to be scheduled" as an update.
Do we even know for a fact how many FE orders actually exist? Reservations were capped at 7000 (after the screwup) but some of those never converted or decided to change trim levels.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are these Dirt Mountain Broncos being driven back & forth between MAP and the storage lot that is approx 10 miles away?

I'll be less than thrilled if my Dirt Mountain shows up with upwards of 40 miles on it.

You can bet your ass they're driving these back and forth. Rail transport for 10 miles? LMAO

We've SEEN the videos of them being driven to the lot already.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How often do we see facts? The times that we do, the speculators try to shoot them down. :(
It would be nice if someone had a line on if any Broncos with new tops have shipped yet.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Seems like miles driven should not count against being "new to consumer" when logged strictly during the actual manufacturing/testing process at the factory. Can't a factory just recalibrate the odometer back to zero? Again, we're talking about at the factory ONLY during production processes, NOT post-delivery at a dealer, who of course cannot touch or change the odometer (legally, anyway).

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not really too concerned about minimal mileage on my new rig....more interested in the transport method being employed.

I avoid this forum for a few weeks bc of Bronco fatigue, come back to ask a simple question, and the keyboard clowns emerge right on queue!!!

FWIW, I saw another thread that indicated they are being loaded 6 to 8 at a time on transport haulers. But who knows....maybe that expert from 9 states away is just as ill-informed as you.

Feel free NOT to reply if you have no real knowledge or ground-truth on the situation.
search the forum you'll have you're answer. The time it would take to load a carrier and unload they could have moved 10x as many.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like miles driven should not count against being "new to consumer" when logged strictly during the actual manufacturing/testing process at the factory. Can't a factory just recalibrate the odometer back to zero? Again, we're talking about at the factory ONLY during production processes, NOT post-delivery at a dealer, who of course cannot touch or change the odometer (legally, anyway).
you'd rather have a bronco driven x amount of miles but show zero than have a vehicle that shows actual mileage it's moved?

Hell I let people put 40 miles on my sports cars without blinking an eye..

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do we even know for a fact how many FE orders actually exist? Reservations were capped at 7000 (after the screwup) but some of those never converted or decided to change trim levels.
Less than 4500

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you'd rather have a bronco driven x amount of miles but show zero than have a vehicle that shows actual mileage it's moved?

Hell I let people put 40 miles on my sports cars without blinking an eye..
Ha, well, I see your point . . . I was actually arguing in favor of the factory's position, whereby they reserve the right to sell a vehicle with "zero" miles IF a small amount of driving is required to get the vehicle in deliverable condition. They should be able to dial it back before delivery. That way they can do whatever is necessary in making the vehicle without the customer crying about their car being used.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha, well, I see your point . . . I was actually arguing in favor of the factory's position, whereby they reserve the right to sell a vehicle with "zero" miles IF a small amount of driving is required to get the vehicle in deliverable condition. They should be able to dial it back before delivery. That way they can do whatever is necessary in making the vehicle without the customer crying about their car being used.
The Federal statute is quite clear. 49 USC 32703(2) says a person may not “disconnect, reset, alter, or have disconnected, reset, or altered, an odometer of a motor vehicle intending to change the mileage registered by the odometer.”

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Federal statute is quite clear. 49 USC 32703(2) says a person may not “disconnect, reset, alter, or have disconnected, reset, or altered, an odometer of a motor vehicle intending to change the mileage registered by the odometer.”
Yes, good find . . . but let me challenge that. This language does not speak to the "time" at which this applies. A clear argument can be made that this does not pertain to the manufacturer who is assembling the vehicle and doing everything required to make it deliverable, a time when all systems are to be fixed in place and calibrated for delivery of a vehicle that is "consumer ready". Once it leaves the manufacturing facility into the marketplace, THEN it could be argued that the the code you referenced immediately goes into effect. Any person this applies to would be post-manufacturing . . . the dealer, the original buyer, all subsequent owners, and any repair shop during the life of the vehicle. . . . not the manufacturer before the car is even released for first use.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, good find . . . but let me challenge that. This language does not speak to the "time" at which this applies. A clear argument can be made that this does not pertain to the manufacturer who is assembling the vehicle and doing everything required to make it deliverable, a time when all systems are to be fixed in place and calibrated for delivery of a vehicle that is "consumer ready". Once it leaves the manufacturing facility into the marketplace, THEN it could be argued that the the code you referenced immediately goes into effect. Any person this applies to would be post-manufacturing . . . the dealer, the original buyer, all subsequent owners, and any repair shop during the life of the vehicle. . . . not the manufacturer before the car is even released for first use.
My thought is even though it's Ford putting the miles on the vehicle, they are on the vehicle regardless and need to be disclosed. Some articles explain why every new car will have a few miles on it simply traveling through the build process and those miles are recorded. I'm making an assumption that Ford has to comply with the true mileage disclosure to their customer (dealer) as the dealer is required to do for their customer. Below another article.

Odometer Disclosure Why is an odometer disclosure required? The Truth in Mileage Act (TIMA) is a federal law that requires the seller of a motor vehicle to provide an odometer disclosure to the buyer at the time of sale or transfer of ownership. The buyer must sign in acknowledgment of the mileage disclosure given. At least one owner shown on the title must make their disclosure on the actual title. The buyer must sign acknowledging that disclosure on the same title. Other buyers must make disclosures on state issued secure forms, which are controlled and contain security features that meet federal requirements. Vehicles with “not readable” odometer readings are still subject to federal odometer requirements. Under federal law, the Motor Vehicle Division is required to refuse the transfer of ownership unless the odometer disclosure is completed. When is an odometer disclosure required? An odometer disclosure is required on all passenger vehicles, pickup trucks, trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of less than 16,000 pounds, motor homes, and motorcycles that are less than ten years old.
Sponsored