Sponsored

Now that MIC 2.0 is a go, what are the VINless doing?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Are you still hoping for a MY21? Ford is more than a month ahead of schedule on the new roof replacement plan...
Are non-FE's gonna get VIN's this year? 2 doors?
I've waited THIS long for my 2 door Badlands, I'm thinking about 99ing my order until MY22 order books open.
Standard Capable bumper is what I want now 💪
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is still waaaaaaayyy behind on orders. I’m not getting my hopes up. It was painful to hear us vin-less folks are 22, but a painful truth is better than wishful thinking. My take on it, anyway.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most are toast for a MY21 if you have not already been selected; we are on short time for the remainder of the year. I am curious of who will switch back to MIC now that MICv1.2 is out.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't see Ford going back on what they said the fate was for 2-Doors. I'll honestly be halfway pissed if they schedule my build for MY21 after telling us all 2-door order holders to go and get fucked until 2022.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you still hoping for a MY21? Ford is more than a month ahead of schedule on the new roof replacement plan...
Are non-FE's gonna get VIN's this year? 2 doors?
I've waited THIS long for my 2 door Badlands, I'm thinking about 99ing my order until MY22 order books open.
Standard Capable bumper is what I want now 💪
This is what I'm doing waiting for my VIN...
Ford Bronco Now that MIC 2.0 is a go, what are the VINless doing? sad-pablo-lonely

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean... I'm sitting here doing what I have been doing since June--waiting.

That said, now that the 2021 summer season is effectively over, I prefer to wait for a 2022.

I originally ordered a basic Badlands build that I was going to "sasquatchify" myself, but now that MY 2022 is offering the Sasquatch pkg with a manual transmission, I rather just wait and switch up my order for 2022. So if Ford announces that they're going to start shipping non-VIN hard top orders again in 2021 I'll probably call my dealer and have them 99 my order.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think a few VIN-less will sneak under the wire and get MY21, but even that may be wishful thinking. I have a grain of hope that I'll get a MY21 but I'm firmly in the camp of MY22. Not really what I was wanting but as someone said above...I'd rather have the painful truth.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Waiting —seemingly forever—for any information on 2022 changes and new options.

Was thinking we’d see a rollout by now with the original 9/13 order bank date, but they seem to have said vaguely October for order banks. Apparently we are following the Augtober timeline from last year again. I don’t even see any Ford presentations on the supercel west agenda.

Sponsored

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually just switched to the soft top this week. I have been against it for a while, but I figured I will try it for a while and eventually convert to the hard top once Ford gets everything figures out on the MICs (or MODs)...we still don't know how much better the MIC 2.0 will be at this point or what other options the aftermarket will provide. I'm OK with ending up MY21 or MY22 regardless but would like to see any MY changes offered. I'm getting the OB in white so I'm fine with the Gray/Navy Pier with that exterior color but it would be nice if Ford offered more/better interior options.

At the Off-Roadeo last week, I definitely saw the soft top benefit of just opening 2 clamps and pushing it back vs the MIC removal of panels and storage process. Not saying the MIC process seemed particularly cumbersome but I do believe I'll go open air more often with the soft top and since Ford is fitting them to accept the hard top, I can always switch if I don't like it. From what I've heard the wind/road noise difference between the 2 tops is negligible - the TFL guys actually got rid of their MIC because of all the clacking sounds and the recent Topher review of a Wildtrack on-road at highway speeds said noise levels were similar except no clacking in the soft top.

FWIW - I did notice the dust stuck to those plastic windows like crazy though while the rear glass on the hard tops stayed pretty clean in case that is a concern for anyone.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just waiting to see the options for 2022… 99’d mine back in July anyway.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've taken off every constraint possible to get one for 2021, because Rapid Red.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Letting my current order ride with MIC 4 door, if it gets scheduled as a MY21 which Ford said not happening so be it, but I doubt it makes a MY21 build by the line cutover by thanksgiving, shooting for a January green MY22 Bronco 😎