First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question about price protection. I am a week 1 res holder (7/20/20) I finally picked up my bronco (4Dr Badlands) about 4 weeks ago (6/30). My understanding is based on my res date I qualify for both MY22 and MY22.5 price protection. When it came to paperwork time at the dealer I noticed that only the MY22 price protection was noted ($825) or something like that but not the MY22.5 (which is an additional $1750 or so for a total of $2575) and they said they had no idea about that. I have seen a few posts on here with a similar situation where the dealer did not know about the second price protection (probably not their fault due to poor communication from Ford). And I have heard some stories about people getting a check from Ford for the second price protection a few months after the purchase. My salesman said he would look into it for me and escalate it to the VP. He called me back about a week after the purchase to get some more info from me - I sent the ford email saying I qualify for price protection and the Ford FAQ page showing what models qualify for what price protection. That was about 3 weeks ago now and I haven't heard back. My dealer has been pretty straightforward and honest with me. I do trust them to do the right thing but at the same time it's been 3 weeks since I heard back and this is $1700. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to contact ford customer service since apparently the second check comes from Ford; or any other suggestions of what to do from here. I don't want to let this go.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if you've been through my post yet, but if you haven't you should.

Easiest thing is to build your vehicle today via Build & Price today on Ford's website. You should have paid $2575 less than what is listed today on Ford's website.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Quick question about price protection. I am a week 1 res holder (7/20/20) I finally picked up my bronco (4Dr Badlands) about 4 weeks ago (6/30). My understanding is based on my res date I qualify for both MY22 and MY22.5 price protection. When it came to paperwork time at the dealer I noticed that only the MY22 price protection was noted ($825) or something like that but not the MY22.5 (which is an additional $1750 or so for a total of $2575) and they said they had no idea about that. I have seen a few posts on here with a similar situation where the dealer did not know about the second price protection (probably not their fault due to poor communication from Ford). And I have heard some stories about people getting a check from Ford for the second price protection a few months after the purchase. My salesman said he would look into it for me and escalate it to the VP. He called me back about a week after the purchase to get some more info from me - I sent the ford email saying I qualify for price protection and the Ford FAQ page showing what models qualify for what price protection. That was about 3 weeks ago now and I haven't heard back. My dealer has been pretty straightforward and honest with me. I do trust them to do the right thing but at the same time it's been 3 weeks since I heard back and this is $1700. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to contact ford customer service since apparently the second check comes from Ford; or any other suggestions of what to do from here. I don't want to let this go.
Nice!

Thankfully you didn't follow any of the proce protection threads earlier, or their guidance (or look any of them up for guidance on what to do). I'll assume your dealership is in the business of losing money, give us an update if it changes from today.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Easiest thing is to build your vehicle today via Build & Price today on Ford's website. You should have paid $2575 less than what is listed today on Ford's website.
All of this information should be ignored, you do you!

CWL

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2018 F150, 2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck! I think dealers claiming they don't know anything about price protection are full of it. My dealer pulled out the Dora paperwork that I signed in 2021 and that was the price. Didn't need my ##### from Ford or anything else. Someone at the dealership is very aware of how it all works.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tambrico

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I did that's the only reason I knew about it in the first place so I appreciate you making that thread. I know how much I should be protected by. I'm just wondering what the next step I should take is.
As I said I've heard that the second price protection has been coming in as a rebate check for some people.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did that's the only reason I knew about it in the first place so I appreciate you making that thread. I know how much I should be protected by. I'm just wondering what the next step I should take is.
As I said I've heard that the second price protection has been coming in as a rebate check for some people.
So the second step should be coming directly from your dealer. It is just Ford's standard retail price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and your dealer should absolutely be aware of it since the majority of Ford vehicles have had mid-year price increases. If you agreed upon MSRP pricing with your dealer, that dealer should be honoring the price of the 2022MY vehicle the time the DORA or WBDO order sheet was signed by you, the customer. Hopefully if you mention 'Retail Price Protection" that will click for someone at your dealer.

Most dealers will offer the retail protected pricing up front when you purchase the vehicle, and you don't have to worry about it. Once Ford verifies that the vehicle was sold to the original order holder, the dealers should be getting a kickback from Ford for the difference in dealer invoice pricing on their dealer statement. Takes 30-45 days usually.

Since you already have the vehicle, hopefully your dealer will send you a check for the price difference once they get the kickback from Ford. Again, Ford typically doesn't send out the check for retail price protection, it comes from your dealer.

Feel free to send them this thread and my price protection thread. If they aren't aware of how it all works, hopefully this will help them... or at least get them to talk with Ford to clear it all up.

OP
OP
tambrico

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the second step should be coming directly from your dealer. It is just Ford's standard retail price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and your dealer should absolutely be aware of it since the majority of Ford vehicles have had mid-year price increases. If you agreed upon MSRP pricing with your dealer, that dealer should be honoring the price of the 2022MY vehicle the time the DORA or WBDO order sheet was signed by you, the customer. Hopefully if you mention 'Retail Price Protection" that will click for someone at your dealer.

Most dealers will offer the retail protected pricing up front when you purchase the vehicle, and you don't have to worry about it. Once Ford verifies that the vehicle was sold to the original order holder, the dealers should be getting a kickback from Ford for the difference in dealer invoice pricing on their dealer statement. Takes 30-45 days usually.

Since you already have the vehicle, hopefully your dealer will send you a check for the price difference once they get the kickback from Ford. Again, Ford typically doesn't send out the check for retail price protection, it comes from your dealer.

Feel free to send them this thread and my price protection thread. If they aren't aware of how it all works, hopefully this will help them... or at least get them to talk with Ford to clear it all up.
I did mention that and I showed them the thread. They said they were only aware of the $825 but they seemed to understand when I showed them the $2575 on the ford website. They said they were going to check with their Ford rep to verify it on their end but again that was 3 weeks ago now.

Would ford customer service be able to verify that a check will be sent to the dealer?

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did mention that and I showed them the thread. They said they were only aware of the $825 but they seemed to understand when I showed them the $2575 on the ford website. They said they were going to check with their Ford rep to verify it on their end but again that was 3 weeks ago now.

Would ford customer service be able to verify that a check will be sent to the dealer?
I’m in the same boat as you. Got pressured into paying the $1600 extra up front with the threat of my dealer selling my build out from under me, but made them agree to paying me once they got the check from Ford. Almost 2 months later, not a word of response from them on it. Needless to say, I’ll be leaving detailed reviews anywhere I can and will never do business with their franchises again.
Sponsored