Sponsored

Priority Code 99 Orders being scheduled?

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess our 99'ed order was scheduled without request or approval.

July 2020 reservation, ordered first opportunity for a 2021, then pushed to 2022. Ordered again at the first opportunity for the 2022 model. In February '22 we decided to put the order in 99 status, dealer confirmed that they did so in March via email. We wanted to wait and see what 2023 had to offer as we like the idea of the Heritage Edition and new colors.

I have continued to visit the Ford site at random to see if 2023 build options are available and when I logged in last Friday- low and behold we're scheduled for 9/19. Contacted the dealer and asked what gives, MY DEALER SAID, yep they have had 3 orders in the last few weeks (including mine) that were 99ed schedule for a build date.

Dealer said that they have been working with Ford on the issue, and Ford says there is no way to halt production, so we can take the 2022 scheduled, or start over again when the order banks open for 2023.

Have others reported that their 99 orders have scheduled, and yes I did a search but didn't find much?

If we do reorder for a 2023 I assume we'll loose all of the price protections and be back at the end of the line. We had some idea the the Heritage offerings would go only to existing order holders, so we'd be ineligible to order one of those also.

For some reason I expected to be upset, disappointed, or angry, but after the Fuster Cluck that we've been thru -unfortunately I'm not surprised...

Any insight is appreciated?

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, Chief, if it's your exact build and your dealer isn't going to bend you over with ADM, take it and run, I know I would.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I believe they want to escape the price protection shackles because someone is waiting on other colors or something. They'd like to move on.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guess our 99'ed order was scheduled without request or approval.

July 2020 reservation, ordered first opportunity for a 2021, then pushed to 2022. Ordered again at the first opportunity for the 2022 model. In February '22 we decided to put the order in 99 status, dealer confirmed that they did so in March via email. We wanted to wait and see what 2023 had to offer as we like the idea of the Heritage Edition and new colors.

I have continued to visit the Ford site at random to see if 2023 build options are available and when I logged in last Friday- low and behold we're scheduled for 9/19. Contacted the dealer and asked what gives, MY DEALER SAID, yep they have had 3 orders in the last few weeks (including mine) that were 99ed schedule for a build date.

Dealer said that they have been working with Ford on the issue, and Ford says there is no way to halt production, so we can take the 2022 scheduled, or start over again when the order banks open for 2023.

Have others reported that their 99 orders have scheduled, and yes I did a search but didn't find much?

If we do reorder for a 2023 I assume we'll loose all of the price protections and be back at the end of the line. We had some idea the the Heritage offerings would go only to existing order holders, so we'd be ineligible to order one of those also.

For some reason I expected to be upset, disappointed, or angry, but after the Fuster Cluck that we've been thru -unfortunately I'm not surprised...

Any insight is appreciated?

if they are scheduling 99s maybe that means production really is ramping up for older orders as well if they were a higher priority. Heritage standard will be available and the heritage limited will be hard to come by so it may be a great thing if you can get yours in time for fall and Christmas with a decent price.

it does make sense for ford to want to build older orders, and not allow builds to float at a 3-4 year old price or whenever they decide to have one built.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To the OP, I haven't heard of other orders that have been '99'd being scheduled. Knowing how Ford's scheduling works, the system doesn't even "see" a '99'd order. 3 at one dealership makes me believe that the dealer has mistakenly changed the PC on orders.

A new order for MY'23 will not have any price protection other than retail price protection for half year increases. And any new order will be at the end of the line at that specific dealer.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I'm not exactly sure if it happened to me or not but I told my dealer to 99 me, he swore he would, then a week later I was scheduled. I wanted to wait for a Heritage too, but I'll take the Everglades I ordered, order a Heritage, and sell the Everglades when the Heritage is built

OP
OP
Neps

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the OP, I haven't heard of other orders that have been '99'd being scheduled. Knowing how Ford's scheduling works, the system doesn't even "see" a '99'd order. 3 at one dealership makes me believe that the dealer has mistakenly changed the PC on orders.

A new order for MY'23 will not have any price protection other than retail price protection for half year increases. And any new order will be at the end of the line at that specific dealer.
Thanks- Makes sense, but it does reinforce my lack of faith in Dealerships.

My cynical side is telling me that they never 99'ed the orders- in hopes that once the orders scheduled the order holders would have moved on and they would be able to sell as abandoned orders with ADM's.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our dealer won’t honor price protection anyway. Wouldn’t be surprised if others are the same. They clearly didn’t even know about it either, because I had to explain they get reimbursed from Ford corporate and how to look up the certificate for part of it.
And I know they’ve sold other orders before us. Told us “be thankful” we’re still getting it at MRSP after waiting two years. And that’s with signed documents between both parties from when we ordered.

Even if Ford says there’s price protection for MY23, I bet there’s not at most dealers.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had something similar happen to my 2nd day reservation. I had asked my dealer to change my order to priority 99 because I had decided I wanted the MOD top, but I randomly got scheduled a few months later (at the end of March). I was so pissed, because I had also intended on adding the Sasquatch back to my order as well, but hadn’t gotten around to it.

I asked the dealer why it was never changed to priority 99, and they told me that Ford had rejected the request to move it back to 99. Not sure if that was the truth or not, but they were able to add the Sasquatch package to it before I got my window sticker, which was good. Anyway, I ended up buying my Bronco in June and I got MSRP and all of the price protection money I was allotted ($2975), so I can’t complain.

I still think the MOD top and some of the 2023 features could be desirable, but they’ll most likely come at a much higher price. Plus the MOD top won’t be available til Q3 2023 most likely, so I can’t imagine waiting a whole extra year; 2 years was long enough of a wait.

In my opinion, if you’re able to get the Bronco at MSRP, with all of your allotted price protection money, I’d take it. The only reason I wouldn’t take it is if you can’t live without the 2023 offerings. If that’s the case, I’d just put a new order in when you’re able to do so, because it will likely be the same price as if you still had your reservation. It’s not confirmed yet anywhere that I’ve seen, but I strongly think that if you move to a heritage edition, all price protection will be lost.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our dealer won’t honor price protection anyway. Wouldn’t be surprised if others are the same. They clearly didn’t even know about it either, because I had to explain they get reimbursed from Ford corporate and how to look up the certificate for part of it.
And I know they’ve sold other orders before us. Told us “be thankful” we’re still getting it at MRSP after waiting two years. And that’s with signed documents between both parties from when we ordered.

Even if Ford says there’s price protection for MY23, I bet there’s not at most dealers.
Sorry to hear about your dealings with your dealer. I don't understand why dealers are reluctant to honor PP. It is coming out of Ford's wallet not theirs. They don't lose a thing.

Perhaps, I'm too cynical. But I would love to see how the sale was processed behind the scenes. I would wager that the sale was processed with retail price protection that Ford reimburses the dealer for. You pay up for the full price. They receive the rebate from Ford so in effect they double-dip and get a hidden "ADM".

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, when you 99'd your order did you get a new DORA from your dealer to confirm or just trust them at their word? It is much more likely your dealer didn't follow through rather than Ford is now scheduling 99'd orders.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I call she-nannys. Unless there was an error in the scheduling system on Ford's end, a 99 shouldn't have been previewed for scheduling. That said, if the dealer went in and accidentally or intentionally changed the PC to something else, it would've created a new DORA and should be traceable to when the change was made. Was a change made in model, color or other option and the dealer assumed it was 99'd by mistake and changed it? Maybe. If you truly don't want it have them contact their sales zone manager and see if they can get it canceled or put back on a 99 status if possible. I hesitate to even suggest this because the downside might be the complete cancellation of the order and you'd have to go back to the end of the line at your dealer. We've not done this but also had a 7/20/20 reservation dumped on us a couple weeks ago that never got converted to an order. It was our understanding that couldn't happen and anything not converted got dropped from the system. Still not sure how the customer was able to pull that off.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't understand why dealers are reluctant to honor PP. It is coming out of Ford's wallet not theirs. They don't lose a thing.

Perhaps, I'm too cynical. But I would love to see how the sale was processed behind the scenes.
Oh, that’s exactly what I said in my email to them. After they decided to call my fiancé about the car instead of me (his name isn’t even on the order).

They try to push those stupid dealer protection packages on people. You know what is a great sales tactic? Making someone feel like they’re getting stuff for free. I pointed out they would incentivize customers to buy add-one, like that useless package, if they automatically applied PP. Instead they’re needlessly incentivizing us never returning to that dealership.
Sponsored