Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i
Oh snap! Just on normal stock tires...Why do you have to scare me like that :(.

Can you elaborate some more on your experience?
On a 4 runner or Tacoma you have to lift it to fit 35s. Everything changes. I would hope the Bronco is designed to handle the 35s better than the Toyota’s. You can get the Toyota’s to handle better if you spend enough money. No matter what it is a lot of rubber under you. Dont let me scare you off. Not my intention. You may love the feel of it.
Sponsored

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On a 4 runner or Tacoma you have to lift it to fit 35s. Everything changes. I would hope the Bronco is designed to handle the 35s better than the Toyota’s. You can get the Toyota’s to handle better if you spend enough money. No matter what it is a lot of rubber under you. Dont let me scare you off. Not my intention. You may love the feel of it.
No offense meant, but there is a big difference between a suspension system designed by the vehicle manufacturer for 35” tires, and someone taking their truck to a local 4x4 shop for a lift to fit 35” tires.

My F-250 came with 35s from the factory. No issues, aside from highway driving with the solid axles and lack of caster on the front wheels.

I’m pretty confident that the Bronco will feel much better on the highway than the F-250, and will take me further off road for hunting, too.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I grew up on a farm and into a family heavily into cars, trucks and such on both sides.

I saw and rode in plenty of muscle cars, pickups, Broncos, Scouts and so on while growing up.

My father was a Ford mechanic and started teaching me at the ripe old age of 8, that's when he also taught me how to drive his '69 F100. A year later I was driving the '76 big block F250 and it was this truck I took my driving test in when I was old enough. (talk about a nervous instructor, but I passed with flying colors)

I'm very mechanically inclined and I can't leave anything alone, so I'm always tinkering around or modifying it. I got that bug from my Aunts and Uncles. ?

I then went to Tech school, after graduating High school, to be an Auto body refinish and repair Tech.

After several years, I got tired of putting up with the b.s. from the new body shop manager that the dealership hired, so I moved to my current location.

A couple months later I found a temp job as a cnc machinist and was hired on full time after the temp contract period ended and have been there ever since.

I doubt new-used Broncos will be on the lots by July, if there are it won't be many and they'll be from people who thought it was going to be the next Lexus like SUV.

There are so many Jeeps in my area and they're mostly black, white and gray 4-door mall crawlers with the rare unicorn 2-door popping up now and then.

There's a clique of guys, that go to the gym I workout at, who own 4-door Rubicons that are lifted, have 35's and 37's on them, the snorkel intake, light bars and so on. (I've also never seen those rigs dirty.)

I'm looking forward to the day I park next to them in a Bronco with Sasquatch package sporting factory lift with 35's. The trash talk coming from them will be priceless. ?

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I honestly don’t know a thing about off-roading but I honestly fell in love watching the reveal. I’ve only ever driven Hondas, Acuras, and Toyotas so yes I guess I’m not an enthusiast like you all ? but I am sure as hell excited to get the Bronco. I even drove all the way to Super Cel West to see the Bronco! I’ve never been excited for a car as much as this! ?

sooooo yea anyway, thanks to this forum for being so welcoming ☺

p.s. don’t really care about cupholders but the bottle opener? Is it still there ??

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say the more the merrier. Why not try to educate the newbs and welcome them into the community instead of telling them they don't get it and have no clue what they are buying. Sure, there are a lot of complaints about the lack of creature comforts but I don't think anyone here is under the delusional that they are buying a luxury suv on par with a German import.

As many have said before me, there are plenty of Wranglers in the neighborhood that have never even been parked in the grass let alone taken off road. These type of Jeep people are going to flock to the Bronco once they get a chance to test drive one and experience how much better the IFS handles on the street. And we need these people to keep the market viable. I also doubt you will find a used one on the lot anytime soon so you may want to re think a reservation.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will probably get slammed for this post but oh well...

Reading through through posts on this site it is clear that most of the people on here are far different than the crowd on the early Bronco forums. I have had an early Bronco for more than 30 years. Two different ones... 74 and 76 model. I have participated in online forums for most of those years. The Early Bronco forum people are by far the most knowledgeable and helpful people on any forum I have been on. I have participated in the FJ cruiser, Tacoma and F150 forums as well.
You're gonna hafta get used to seeing pristine broncos roaming the suburbs. Or keep being a bronco grinch :cool:

giphy.gif

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This past weekend I took Friday off and I had my Rubi off roading and camping. I get her door sills high in mud and sludge. Before I pull it in my driveway I stop at the car wash and get her looking good again. You could eat off her axels right now. Not that I care but, anyone on my street might think she’s a mall crawler.

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with TwoTone. Go to your local Jeep dealer and drive a Wrangler. Let them know your buying a Bronco but you want to compare. Who knows, you might end up in a Jeep or you’ll leave with a better understanding of what you’re buying.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think most everyone knows what they are getting into with new Bronco. You may Have people trying to flip them to make a profit but I doubt many will get traded in for something soft.

The one car where I believe people dream and then quickly find out this thing is brutal is a 65 cobra replica. You see many of those being sold with less than 1000 miles. No a/c, power steering, power brakes, lumpy cam that bucks under 2000 rpm. Oh and you need a welders blanket to drape over the side pipes so you don’t burn your leg off.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you combine ALL the complaints about MIC, AC vents, sig lights, and Halloween orange upholstery thread....

....times 100

you'd still be way shy of IFS/SFA wars of 2019. I don't know if there's an actual count - but I'm sure many computer screens were shattered back then.

And I'll bet in 2021 we'll find new things to complain about...but hey - its all good!

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It happens. There’s always a super low mile 4Runner for sale in the Denver area. Someone changed their mind. And that was a car they test drove. With a new Bronco we are not going to test drive or really even sit in one before we take delivery. I think this premise of this is post. But maybe as much for unforeseen surprises as misguided lifestyle choices.
Sponsored