First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always watch the balancing on a new set of tires. I bought a set of KO2s for my 2000 4Runner back in 04. One tire was taking a whole bunch of weight. I told the service writer hey I don't want that tire! He said why not? I said look at all those weights! He said we'll put it on the spare. I said no way it will eventually end up on the ground.
So, he went over to the tire buster and had him dismount the tire and rotate it 180 degrees. The balance then only took one 1/2 oz weight.
Always watch the balancing on a new set of rubber. You have the option to reject a bad tire.

My Bronco had 3 balanced tires and one with no weight. When I installed my bead locks the tire with no weight almost balanced out with no weight. It took a quarter oz weight.
I thought standard procedure was to find the balance of the wheel first (high/low point), then mount the tire accordingly, off-setting the high point of the tire with the low point of the wheel or vice versa. Sounds like I was wrong.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ozbronco

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried bead balancing?
No. Have you? How do you get the beads in the tire? I had never heard of it till you asked. I asked two shops about it and they don't like to do it. Read an article about it that basically said it was a last resort and the added mass affects acceleration and fuel economy.

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Have you? How do you get the beads in the tire? I had never heard of it till you asked. I asked two shops about it and they don't like to do it. Read an article about it that basically said it was a last resort and the added mass affects acceleration and fuel economy.
I have not, but my friend has 40’s on his truck and that’s the only way they would balance. Most good custom shops use it. They change with the tie. I don’t think a few ounces will affect anything as far as gas mileage.

kbernard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tacoma work truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had 4 sets of there 37's load range D and I've had 2 sets of the 315's and zero issues. I've got WildPeak A/T3 on my dads in 315's and they are perfect as well.

Sponsored

samjack

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Mini Cooper, Bronco Sport, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No issues with balancing any K02s I've owned.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The article should add that it DOES NOT WORK!

KCW

Base
First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 6, Kawasaki Nomad
Your Bronco Model
Base
What doesn't work? Balancing beads have worked on me motorcycle for 20,000 miles.

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Falken Wildpeak AT3W it is!

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replaced my KO2's with MT Baja Boss's and they are great. Smoooooth like butter at any speed. There is more road noise than the KO2's but the balancing makes up for that.
Sponsored