Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello I am looking for 35" tires for my wheels and I was wondering if anyone is running the Load Range C Ford Performance BFG K02 315/70/17. They are just shy of 35" but have the stock load range which I think will keep my ride quality. The only other options really are to go up to a Load Range D or E.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance spec BFG K02s fordperformancebfg.JPG

There is also a Jeep version in this size but it has a lower S speed rating.

Does anyone have experience with these Ford Performance tires or a different recommendation for mainly road use and ride quality? (Dont say buy an explorer)
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello I am looking for 35" tires for my wheels and I was wondering if anyone is running the Load Range C Ford Performance BFG K02 315/70/17. They are just shy of 35" but have the stock load range which I think will keep my ride quality. The only other options really are to go up to a Load Range D or E.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance spec BFG K02s fordperformancebfg.JPG

There is also a Jeep version in this size but it has a lower S speed rating.

Does anyone have experience with these Ford Performance tires or a different recommendation for mainly road use and ride quality? (Dont say buy an explorer)
I would keep C rated just for comfort. BBWheels has them for 219 not sure if they are C rated. I should shop around. I think you can get some really good deals now. We run C in our SAS tires so I would think you can do the same for comfort in others like KO2 and Falken.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put C load 37’s (ford performance for the Braptor) on my wildtrak and they wouldn’t balance properly so BFG replaced them, but there was only D loads available at that time so I put them on. I was worried about ride quality but literally felt zero difference. (Except the D’s balanced!!!)

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is the factory tire for the F150 Raptor (35). You can usually find take offs on the Raptor forum for cheap. I recently replaced them on my Raptor with the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. I went from a "C" to a "D". I feel a slight difference in ride by nothing significant. The MT's are a far superior tire both on and off the road.

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the factory tire for the F150 Raptor (35). You can usually find take offs on the Raptor forum for cheap. I recently replaced them on my Raptor with the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. I went from a "C" to a "D". I feel a slight difference in ride by nothing significant. The MT's are a far superior tire both on and off the road.
Interesting I didn’t even consider the MTs. I’ve been focused on the BFG and Toyo. I essentially am leaning BFG because Toyo only makes a D load now the C was discontinued. I keep reading the Ford BFGs won’t balance tho so that is concerning.

MTs don’t have tirerack reviews yet which is a bummer.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the E range KO2's on my pickup and wish I didn't. They also seem to be lasting forever, probably because they're made of hard plastic rubber and slip instead of grip (it's a light short bed single cab truck). I slide and squeal everywhere I go, and they're actively dangerous in icy conditions.

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've got the E range KO2's on my pickup and wish I didn't. They also seem to be lasting forever, probably because they're made of hard plastic rubber and slip instead of grip (it's a light short bed single cab truck). I slide and squeal everywhere I go, and they're actively dangerous in icy conditions.
Oof. I didn’t know anything about load ratings when I got mine and have the same tires on my 2dr JL. Not great. Hard slippery and can’t balance them.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof. I didn’t know anything about load ratings when I got mine and have the same tires on my 2dr JL. Not great. Hard slippery and can’t balance them.
Yeah, I got screwed out of some C range tires by Discount Tire because I didn't know "HD" meant heavy duty truck tires, which should never go on a small full size truck that rarely tows or hauls anything. With the smooth asphalt roads here in Denton, I peel out everywhere. Always with the WTH stares from other people. :rolleyes:

These things cost me over $1200 and I hate them, except when I'm on unimproved roads, which they of course handle well. But so would the C range I wanted and was sold. 🙃

I guess the upside is now I know better: Look elsewhere and pay attention to range.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I got screwed out of some C range tires by Discount Tire because I didn't know "HD" meant heavy duty truck tires, which should never go on a small full size truck that rarely tows or hauls anything. With the smooth asphalt roads here in Denton, I peel out everywhere. Always with the WTH stares from other people. :rolleyes:

These things cost me over $1200 and I hate them, except when I'm on unimproved roads, which they of course handle well. But so would the C range I wanted and was sold. 🙃

I guess the upside is now I know better: Look elsewhere and pay attention to range.
We apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look further in to this to make sure you're taken care of. Hope you don't mind us sending a DM

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed!!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting I didn’t even consider the MTs. I’ve been focused on the BFG and Toyo. I essentially am leaning BFG because Toyo only makes a D load now the C was discontinued. I keep reading the Ford BFGs won’t balance tho so that is concerning.

MT has a $100 rebate on their Baja AT until August 15th, I would get those plus they will be a true size not undersized like the BFGs. its a D spec load rating, but with the way the tire is constructed (asymmetrical center section) it rides really nice for how aggressive it is.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That BBwheels price is crazy low. I’d jump on those if they’re truly available.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The BFG's are a decent tire. They are one of the most popular A/T tires. On my F150 I got right at 30k miles and they were done. When new they were quiet on the street and handle the rain and snow fairly well. Off road they did well in everything except mud. As they wore the became louder (most tires do this) and the wet weather handling deteriorated. I did a ton of research and decided on the MT's. So far, no regrets.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For mostly street use I really like the factory BFG’s on my Raptor. They’re smooth, feel confident in 90mph sweepers and have been great camping loaded down and towing a trailer down fire roads and on ski trips.
Their mileage isn’t great, I’m at 25k miles and they’ll most likely need to be replaced in 10k-15k more miles. Rotated and no issues balancing on my black rhino wheels.
If you can find factory takeoffs and are considering the KO2 anyways, grab em!

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2021 Outer Banks, 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run BFGood KO2's 315/70R17, load range C on my Badlands, non SAS stock wheels. I love them, ride is good, I've had them on lots of trails, rocks, etc, usually run 18 psi offroad. I have had zero issues, they are great!
Sponsored