John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi - from the various pictures we see from inside the factory - whether we are supposed to see them or not - I notice there is a lot of "hand" work happening. I do not see the massive robot arms that lift frames and bodies as we see from other manufacturers. The latest videos I have seen were from Jeep, Porsche 911 builds, and Land Rover lines. All look heavily automated.
Is it not like this at Ford ? or is it something not pictured? It would be great to see a production video - other manufactures have this so I doubt there are any big secrets to hide.
Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOTS not pictured. Ford uses about as many robots along the assembly lines as GM and FCA do.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@LEGEND is on the inside I bet he would know little more of this!

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi - from the various pictures we see from inside the factory - whether we are supposed to see them or not - I notice there is a lot of "hand" work happening. I do not see the massive robot arms that lift frames and bodies as we see from other manufacturers. The latest videos I have seen were from Jeep, Porsche 911 builds, and Land Rover lines. All look heavily automated.
Is it not like this at Ford ? or is it something not pictured? It would be great to see a production video - other manufactures have this so I doubt there are any big secrets to hide.
I work in a Ford factory and what you are seeing is pics from the finished vehicle area. Ford uses plenty of robots but most are in the body shop area at a whole different area of the plant. Those pics are kinda boring and remember not supposed to be any pics or film inside Ford factories unless approved by Ford. Pics get taken all the time but I have seen people suspended and fired over it so you have to be careful taking them.
Sponsored

Last edited: