Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what Ford was thinking....but if you even breathe hard on the side or rear window plastics they will scratch. I scratched up the rear by stacking the sides on it when I was removing them....and I was being careful when I laid them out. Be warned if you don't want them to look like shit fast be very careful and stack them with something very soft in between.
Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what Ford was thinking....but if you even breathe hard on the side or rear window plastics they will scratch. I scratched up the rear by stacking the sides on it when I was removing them....and I was being careful when I laid them out. Be warned if you don't want them to look like shit fast be very careful and stack them with something very soft in between.
LOL. It's not just Ford my friend. Every soft top I've ever had on a Jeep does the same. It's transparent plastic, not titanium. they do scratch and look very worn really quickly. especially after a few off road adventures.. It's just not Fords fault.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up. Any pics of the damage? I would not have thought these would scratched up easily.

OP
OP

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. It's not just Ford my friend. Every soft top I've ever had on a Jeep does the same. It's transparent plastic, not titanium. they do scratch and look very worn really quickly. especially after a few off road adventures.. It's just not Fords fault.
I had a bestop on my 69 that I ignored, rolled up and abused and it was barely scratched up after a decade. I was assuming soft top technology had improved in the last 20 years...I Guess not.
YMMV

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a bestop on my 69 that I ignored, rolled up and abused and it was barely scratched up after a decade. I was assuming soft top technology had improved in the last 20 years...I Guess not.
YMMV
I've got Bestops on my '69 bronco as well as my JK right now that have scratches all over them and they scratched very easily from the start.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
they just don't make 'em like they used to

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a warning imprinted right on the rear window "do not rub dry", I'm guessing you rubbed it dry.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Plastic plastic plastic
It scratches very easily
😱😱😱It’s not glass

TrippR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It helps if you feed the plastic with a product like Plexus or 210 cleaner and polish. I use 210 between and after washes. Good stuff.
agreed 100% on Plexus. It’s primary market is to aircraft mechanics for airplane windscreens and windows. I used it exclusively on my original Jeep Wrangler soft top windows for 20 years, and they were completely clear and free of scratches when I sold my Jeep. It works well on any plastic windows, and can help remove light scratching if already there. It also acts as a wax shield to keep dust from sticking. Not the cheapest- but worth it 100% for me. You can bet it will be all I use on the Bronco windows.
Sponsored