Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi! I’ve had my bronco for about a month. I’ve already gotten two scratches in the interior. One on the steering wheel and the other on the center console. I’m being extra careful to not scratch it again but I feel like it scratched so easily. Is this a common issue with the bronco interior?
Ford Bronco Easily scratched interior? IMG_4397
Ford Bronco Easily scratched interior? IMG_4398
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get used to it… the plastic is Swiss cheese. Don’t even look at it the wrong way if that kind of stuff bothers you. A fine layer of dust and dirt tends to cover up the details though! I suggest going wheeling with the doors off for that application

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, it's a fart and scratch kind of interior. Open the doors all the way so you don't kick the panel or rub your side on it. Take all your rings/jewelry off. Ask passengers to take theirs off and to be gentle. Tilt your steering wheel all the way up so the overweight service person has all the room to squeeze in.

Lol, sorry for being dramatic. But yes, you will need to take extra care with this interior if you want it to look it's best, for as long as possible. Try not to let the little things bother you, things will happen, and you should still enjoy the car. (No joke about the service person comment though. They don't care. Feel like I need to start putting down masking tape in places before handing my key over with as much as I've had to go to service).

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get used to it… the plastic is Swiss cheese. Don’t even look at it the wrong way if that kind of stuff bothers you. A fine layer of dust and dirt tends to cover up the details though! I suggest going wheeling with the doors off for that application
Good to know lol! Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, it's a fart and scratch kind of interior. Open the doors all the way so you don't kick the panel or rub your side on it. Take all your rings/jewelry off. Ask passengers to take theirs off and to be gentle. Tilt your steering wheel all the way up so the overweight service person has all the room to squeeze in.

Lol, sorry for being dramatic. But yes, you will need to take extra care with this interior if you want it to look it's best, for as long as possible. Try not to let the little things bother you, things will happen, and you should still enjoy the car. (No joke about the service person comment though. They don't care. Feel like I need to start putting down masking tape in places before handing my key over with as much as I've had to go to service).
This made me laugh, but also frustrated at the same time since these broncos aren’t cheap! Thanks for tip on the service person.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going on two years as a daily driver and other than some scuffs from my husband's pocket knife on the passenger side B-pillar I don't have any interior damage.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The first weekend I owned mine, i hauled firewood for camping in the rear section. Quickly learned how easy it is to scuff up all the plastic lol.

First scratch is the hardest, I now have a nice patina from hauling golf clubs and random things in mine. The interior plastics definitely are on the softer side across the board.

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going on two years as a daily driver and other than some scuffs from my husband's pocket knife on the passenger side B-pillar I don't have any interior damage.
That’s good to hear!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's unfortunately very common on the cheap plastics Ford uses. So far, knock on wood, mine isn't too bad, mainly where it cannot be seen easily.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! I’ve had my bronco for about a month. I’ve already gotten two scratches in the interior. One on the steering wheel and the other on the center console. I’m being extra careful to not scratch it again but I feel like it scratched so easily. Is this a common issue with the bronco interior?
Yeah, but you should have some scratches on the outside by now as well. You know, since it’s an off-roader meant to live in dirt and over rocks…..

Be proud of scratches. Scratches build character, so maybe start to think of it as, ohh whats the word that‘s popular again?

Patina! Yeah that’s it, it’s patina! :) Already starting to sound good ain’t it?

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sport door is all scratched up where my feet hit it going out the door. I got over it quick! Hopefully I’ll have the same sense of humor when my Heritage shows up!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case of accident it won't hurt so bad when you are slammed into it!! I find it's not much different then my 2009 JK. If you touched the dash it left a mark. Dog had the rear bumper marked up from getting out. Side panels by the seat belts were a mess.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This made me laugh, but also frustrated at the same time since these broncos aren’t cheap! Thanks for tip on the service person.
Who said these Bronco's arent cheap...They are cheap alright...but not cheap to buy.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clearly you do not own any dogs.

Don't worry, after you get enough scratches all over the place it all blends together and it looks like it was designed that way!🤣
Sponsored