Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While taking the windows out recently, one of the plastic T-shaped tabs broke, which attaches the fabric portion of the rear window to the plastic corner part (I think there are four per corner). Once this occurred a car-wash and wind put pressure on the seam and two more broke and it was a matter of time before the rest went.

I took it to Lief Johnson Ford, where Ellen saved me 2-3 days by grabbing a tech to look quickly. He immediately knew of a TSB to augment the small T-Shaped plastic tabs with metal rivets. They knocked it out quickly and its much stronger now, which will make taking the windows off much more durable over the years. I’m really grateful that they handled it so well.

While the original design was poor, the fix looks pretty good, so keep this in mind if you remove your soft windows often.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Rear Window Corner tab attachments break easily…TSB to Repair IMG_1621
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do not, repeat do not remove those Corner pieces. The rear window and the corners are supposed to come out in one unit. Watch some of the videos.

OP
OP
Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of people have had this issue but I'm still not sure how, given no stress should be applied in that zone.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You pop out the bottom corner and then pull out at top. Then unclip.

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

While taking the windows out recently, one of the plastic T-shaped tabs broke, which attaches the fabric portion of the rear window to the plastic corner part (I think there are four per corner). Once this occurred a car-wash and wind put pressure on the seam and two more broke and it was a matter of time before the rest went.

I took it to Lief Johnson Ford, where Ellen saved me 2-3 days by grabbing a tech to look quickly. He immediately knew of a TSB to augment the small T-Shaped plastic tabs with metal rivets. They knocked it out quickly and its much stronger now, which will make taking the windows off much more durable over the years. I’m really grateful that they handled it so well.

While the original design was poor, the fix looks pretty good, so keep this in mind if you remove your soft windows often.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Rear Window Corner tab attachments break easily…TSB to Repair IMG_1621
restuck mine with some gorilla glue not going anywhere now

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

yep me too dealer replaced no issues and was fast
all american ford of paramus nj
awesome dealer awesome service parts
Sponsored