First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BUT you do NOT remove the rear corners from the rear window. That's meant to be one entire unit. Watch the demos on removal. Merely pop the bottom corners out, slide out the top corner, ditto for other side, unclip and slide out the whole thing. NEVER EVER EVER NO NOT EVER separate the corners from the window.
Thanks for the warning, although I think you misunderstood what I meant. I know how to remove the back window, and obviously am not disconnecting the fabric from the plastic D-Pillar. I remove it like every other person out there, with or without a video it's pretty clear what to do. The tabs snapping is just a weak tab issue, nothing out of the ordinary in the way I'm unclipping the whole unit from the car.
Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My drivers side rear window is so tight...after about 50 times taking it in and out the middle tab started to break....the new tops corrected this issue. Other than this I absolutely love the soft top.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the warning, although I think you misunderstood what I meant. I know how to remove the back window, and obviously am not disconnecting the fabric from the plastic D-Pillar. I remove it like every other person out there, with or without a video it's pretty clear what to do. The tabs snapping is just a weak tab issue, nothing out of the ordinary in the way I'm unclipping the whole unit from the car.
Sorry if I misunderstood. So many folks are creating their own problems.

OP
OP

broncouver

Big Bend
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry if I misunderstood. So many folks are creating their own problems.
Hah you can say that again, for sure though doing it the right way! If I have to force something on the car, I figure i'm probably doing it wrong. The only exception to that is the shitty roof mechanism. I've had some problems with it overall. Its very VERY hard to clip back down again at the mid point. The little grey lever is easy to lift, but its almost impossible to snap it back down again, The little hook that connects/clips the mechanism down just won't snap in properly. It takes all my weight (and some) to get it to connect.

My drivers side rear window is so tight...after about 50 times taking it in and out the middle tab started to break....the new tops corrected this issue. Other than this I absolutely love the soft top.
Yea its the driver side rear window for me too, Always been very tight. I didn't realize that would be what could be causing it. As for the roof though, Loving the soft top besides the issues stated above. It's been a blast in summer to just stop at a set of lights, unclip the sides and push it open. Love how quick you can open it up.

Along with the tab issue, the shop is actually looking at the roof too though. The fabric on driver side is extremely loose. It flaps about and you can visibly see the gap. There's no tension pulling it against the rubber seal anymore so its just open all the time. Surprised I haven't any water seep in during storms yet.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My drivers side often won't lock down, but I figure it doesn't matter if the other side does. And I drove with the top down for a month before I even knew that they did lock back LOL. And yeah I wish they had made those side windows just 1/16 of an inch longer. They'd be so much easier to get in. I only pull mine out once a year and I put them back once a year. Mostly because of that. There's a lot of swearing involved
Sponsored