Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After having my Bronco since February, I finally brought it in to address the window rattle when windows are partially open. Anywhere from slightly cracked to half way are quite jarring when hitting any imperfections in the roadway.

I understand that a good deal of this may simply just be the general design of the door/window but thought I would share my experience for those looking to do it.

Ford had published a TSB to adjust the windows and my dealer was aware when I dropped the vehicle off. I left it at 8:30am and by 11:30 it was ready.

I would say they are 50-65% better than prior to being adjusted. It wasn't as drastic as a difference that I was hoping for unfortunately however it is definitely an improvement.

In my opinion it is still worth getting it done if its driving you crazy, and Im sure results will vary from vehicle to vehicle, but it will not completely eliminate the problem.
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After having my Bronco since February, I finally brought it in to address the window rattle when windows are partially open. Anywhere from slightly cracked to half way are quite jarring when hitting any imperfections in the roadway.

I understand that a good deal of this may simply just be the general design of the door/window but thought I would share my experience for those looking to do it.

Ford had published a TSB to adjust the windows and my dealer was aware when I dropped the vehicle off. I left it at 8:30am and by 11:30 it was ready.

I would say they are 50-65% better than prior to being adjusted. It wasn't as drastic as a difference that I was hoping for unfortunately however it is definitely an improvement.

In my opinion it is still worth getting it done if its driving you crazy, and Im sure results will vary from vehicle to vehicle, but it will not completely eliminate the problem.
My passenger window rattles all the way up and on and off. But when it rattles it drives me crazy with even the smallest bumps. Going to see if the TSB works next week when I bring it to the dealer.

OP
OP
JMY217

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My passenger window rattles all the way up and on and off. But when it rattles it drives me crazy with even the smallest bumps. Going to see if the TSB works next week when I bring it to the dealer.
mine make zero noise when all the way uo, so at the very least maybe it will eliminate that for you.

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only my drivers window Rattles, slightest bump when lowered in any position it rattles. If its a speed bump heaven forgive but it seems like it is going to shatter! I actually almost never drive with the drivers window down anymore! None of the other three windows rattle in ANY position! Clearly an adjustment issue.

Sponsored

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TSB Window Rattle Update - Nov 2022
Took two visits but the Issue was resolved. It was a violent rattle on both driver and passenger front windows.
We are satisfied and appreciate Heiser Ford Service for hunting the problem down Inch by Inch. There is still a little rattle but only happens when the window is barely cracked open. It was a battle though. The issue and TSB are real.

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did the at home fix and am going to test it now. One thing I wanted to add was when I pulled the plugs on the bottom of the door water came out the front one. Not a lot. Probably going to shoot wd 40 or something in there.

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did the at home fix and am going to test it now. One thing I wanted to add was when I pulled the plugs on the bottom of the door water came out the front one. Not a lot. Probably going to shoot wd 40 or something in there.

Back from test. Better yes. Fixed no. Seems like a smaller I guess you can call it range of window opening to happen. I only did the bottom to bolts on the door. For me its seems to be drivers side only. May have to go to dealer at some point so they can do whatever adjustment needs to be done.
Sponsored