Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Side question for you since you work at the dealership. Are the tree clips (W722128-s300) available through the parts counter at your dealership? I’m not finding them online. Broke a couple on my Bronco taking out the factory dummy sub box.
Any dealership can order them. They were on backorder last time I looked though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Side question for you since you work at the dealership. Are the tree clips (W722128-s300) available through the parts counter at your dealership? I’m not finding them online. Broke a couple on my Bronco taking out the factory dummy sub box.
Any dealership can order them. They were on backorder last time I looked though.
I was told back ordered till late August.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brought my 23 in for another repair and they checked the subwoofer rattle. Came back with TSB 23-2241 for the rattle. I searched on here and online but don't see it mentioned anywhere so I thought I would pass this along since many have posted about it. Parts are on backorder.

Thanks Ducati1098 for the screen shots.

Ford Bronco TSB for subwoofer rattle issue, 23-2241 1691692215659

Ford Bronco TSB for subwoofer rattle issue, 23-2241 1691692215659
I have two songs that cause my rattle Duran Duran girls on film and haim The wire. It's only certain bass notes in mine and these two songs have spots so that you can show your service department that is real

GARYWILDTRAK

Wildtrak
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My bronco was built on “march 21 2023” has a bad rattle as well . The dealership I purchased my bronco said it doesn’t cover because it was to be from march 20 and before . It’s a day apart ..

OP
OP
mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

had this tsb done and it helped a tad, had to turn the volume up 2 more to hear the rattling. my dealer has ordered a new sub. now i have a new sound coming from the back that sounds like a clip broke.
my dealer said there was a raptor that was having the same issue and they had to order a sub after the clips didn't work either. the new sub fixed the issue. i asked if it looked any different than the current sub and she said it was the same part number and didn't see if there was any difference in the look. i was curious if there were any differences, like a bigger magnet? guess i'll ask her to check when i bring it back in.

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nearly identical experience for me as well..
The dealer performed the TSB but I still have buzzing if I turn it up a drop higher.

I am doubtful a new sub is going to fix this. I'm going to end up pulling open the panels and stuffing something back there to stop it.

had this tsb done and it helped a tad, had to turn the volume up 2 more to hear the rattling. my dealer has ordered a new sub. now i have a new sound coming from the back that sounds like a clip broke.
my dealer said there was a raptor that was having the same issue and they had to order a sub after the clips didn't work either. the new sub fixed the issue. i asked if it looked any different than the current sub and she said it was the same part number and didn't see if there was any difference in the look. i was curious if there were any differences, like a bigger magnet? guess i'll ask her to check when i bring it back in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nearly identical experience for me as well..
The dealer performed the TSB but I still have buzzing if I turn it up a drop higher.

I am doubtful a new sub is going to fix this. I'm going to end up pulling open the panels and stuffing something back there to stop it.
we aren't holding our breath. my mod guy put dynamat around the speaker but it made no difference.

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we aren't holding our breath. my mod guy put dynamat around the speaker but it made no difference.

I just went back out there. The top bolt holding subwoofer in need a few more turns. Now the rattle is all gone. It had nothing to do with replacing the clips that Ford had in the TSB or perhaps the combination of the dealer performing the TSB and me tightening the bolt did it.

This bolt highlighted in the reel:

OP
OP
mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had the subwoofer replaced and it seems to have fixed the issue.
Sponsored