Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve been chasing a “click” coming from my tailgate. I was thinking it was my Goose Gear table but now I’m starting to think it’s the tailgate itself.

This is different from the window seal creaking, which is a separate annoyance. (I may add a low profile bulb seal on the tailgate in the attempt to remedy this)

So question for the group please. Is your tailgate noise a sharp / small “click” or more like a clunky heavier rattle?

cheers.
Lars
Sponsored

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sprayed about a third of a can of WD/Lithium in every direction, through every hole I could get the straw through about two weeks ago. It dripped out around small bottom rectangle plugs for a couple of days. The irritating popping is gone. For how long I don't know. If it reappears I will do it again. I cannot stand that noise. It drives me absolutely bats.
Update, still no rattle. The WD Lithium is worth it's weight in gold.

OP
OP

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The sound this TSB addresses is a metal
So I’ve been chasing a “click” coming from my tailgate. I was thinking it was my Goose Gear table but now I’m starting to think it’s the tailgate itself.

This is different from the window seal creaking, which is a separate annoyance. (I may add a low profile bulb seal on the tailgate in the attempt to remedy this)

So question for the group please. Is your tailgate noise a sharp / small “click” or more like a clunky heavier rattle?

cheers.
Lars

The sound this TSB addresses is a metal on metal ticking or clicking sound. Not a heavier rattle.

OP
OP

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry - messed up formatting in my last post. The sound this TSB addresses is a metal on metal ticking or clicking sound. Not a heavier rattle.: 48650"]
The sound this TSB addresses is a metal
[/QUOTE]

IWDesertGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Dr Badlands LUX+SASQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

cheers.
Lars
I can best describe my 22 Badlands/Sas tailgate sound as "an old metal coffee can half full of loose nuts and bolts rattling around in the can like crazy throughout my drive - no matter what quality of road I am on".

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

cheers.
Lars
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can best describe my 22 Badlands/Sas tailgate sound as "an old metal coffee can half full of loose nuts and bolts rattling around in the can like crazy throughout my drive - no matter what quality of road I am on".
Hi there, Mike. This rattling concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

SIMPLEGRINN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a later 2022 production, so out of the window for the tailgate TSB. I sprayed wd-40 all over despite feeling like the noise was coming from the latch side of the tailgate rather than the hinge side. The plastic/rubber block pictured above could be made to "click" as it stuck and moved, so i hosed it down with lube and haven't had any noise other than the occasional sound of the weather seals shifting slightly.
What about the paint wearing off!
I had same issue ford covered it under warranty and now the paint has rubbed off again and now Ford doesn't want to address the damage and problem that is causing it. Keep after them. Try having a algorithm done on the internet to see how many Bronco's are having this issue.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What about the paint wearing off!
I had same issue ford covered it under warranty and now the paint has rubbed off again and now Ford doesn't want to address the damage and problem that is causing it. Keep after them. Try having a algorithm done on the internet to see how many Bronco's are having this issue.
My plan is to have ford cover it and repaint and then put ppf over the edge to protect the paint. On our big bend trip in January it got through to the primer in a few spots. I have a jeep TJ as well that has the same issue where the hardtop window seal rubs on the tailgate
Sponsored