Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all.
(First new thread, hope I didn’t miss a similar one in my search before posting this.)

Do the puddle lights come on when pressing unlock on key fob? If you’re already grabbing the handle to open, and the puddle lights come on when door is opened, seems too little too late.

Anyone opened the door up to see if factory adaptor is the same for side view mirror with and without blinker and puddle lights?

I think it’s be cool to swap the side mirrors to gain the lighting. Probably need forscan changes but that’s ok. And don’t care about dead blind spot sensors that wouldn’t do anything after a swap.
(It’s a black diamond I’d like to modify, so just aiming for lighting upgrades by using a higher trim’s mirror assembly. )

thanks all!!!
Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah! Thanks! So on door open. Do you think it’s useful and I should trying to figure out this tweak? Or just not waste my time?

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if the video wasn’t clear. But they turn on at the point where you put your hand against the unlock sensor. You don’t have to open the door. If you plan on using the lighting during camping it’s very useful but truthfully once the door is open blocks a lot of the downward light.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish you could set the "Zone Lighting" (not just puddle lights) to come on when you unlock the vehicle with your key fob. I know you can do this in the FordPass app, but that's a bit of a pain and there's a delay. Other brands of vehicles at least turn on the headlights/reverse lights when you unlock with the fob. Or am I missing a setting that does this?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish you could set the "Zone Lighting" (not just puddle lights) to come on when you unlock the vehicle with your key fob. I know you can do this in the FordPass app, but that's a bit of a pain and there's a delay. Other brands of vehicles at least turn on the headlights/reverse lights when you unlock with the fob. Or am I missing a setting that does this?
Maybe the F150 does this and we can crib the forscan edit from them? Or not ford at all? 😢

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if the video wasn’t clear. But they turn on at the point where you put your hand against the unlock sensor. You don’t have to open the door. If you plan on using the lighting during camping it’s very useful but truthfully once the door is open blocks a lot of the downward light.
Oh well that sounds cool! How long do they stay on after you touch the handle? Until to hit lock on the fob or a time limit?

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guess your not getting any traction on this but I would also love to do this. I would even swap out the entire mirror and dash switch to get the spots. If anyone has any idea of the part numbers that would be helpfull.

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guess your not getting any traction on this but I would also love to do this. I would even swap out the entire mirror and dash switch to get the spots. If anyone has any idea of the part numbers that would be helpfull.
Unfortunately no traction. Next idea was to find someone (or eventually myself) to get into the door and confirm the pin-out of the connector on non-puddle light bronco to see if it’s plug and play or something trickier.
If plug and play we can start to salvage the carpart.com 😁

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's where the wire for the spot mirrors route:
Ford Bronco Puddle lights & mirror swap 1647383330648

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's where the wire for the spot mirrors route:
Ford Bronco Puddle lights & mirror swap 1647383330648
Thanks Bonnie! So looks like that wiring assembly, plus replacement mirror assembly, plus forscan (?) might get us there.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Bonnie! So looks like that wiring assembly, plus replacement mirror assembly, plus forscan (?) might get us there.
Maybe. It appears to me that the wiring is the same to that connection point under the hood, regardless of mirror style. I’m not familiar enough with the computer / Forscan to know if it’d be possible to rig the system with a new mirror assembly.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine do.

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pbryan

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In my Big Bend ( no mirror lights) there are no wires for the mirror lights in the harness leading to the mirror connector. The camera circuits are also missing. I haven't dug back to the next connector upstream to see if it has the right wires, as it is much more difficult to access.

I asked a similar question in the lighting forum a while back, but no response.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/add-puddle-approach-lighting-to-models-without.37929/

Paul
Sponsored