First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I'm a very late MY21 order (exactly 1 month ago today) and fully expect to be kicked to MY22. One thing that I don't understand is how the switch over to MY22 will work. When the order banks open and I go to my dealer to update my order to MY22, will it continue to go by my 7/22/21 initial ordering date, or is this a total reset and a free for all just like when the reservations opened in July of 2020?

I guess my real question is, will I have the opportunity to "jump the line" by getting my MY22 order in as quickly as possible? Or will the original order timestamp of 7/22/21 continue to hold my place? Thanks all.
Sponsored

RHW

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm a very late MY21 order (exactly 1 month ago today) and fully expect to be kicked to MY22. One thing that I don't understand is how the switch over to MY22 will work. When the order banks open and I go to my dealer to update my order to MY22, will it continue to go by my 7/22/21 initial ordering date, or is this a total reset and a free for all just like when the reservations opened in July of 2020?

I guess my real question is, will I have the opportunity to "jump the line" by getting my MY22 order in as quickly as possible? Or will the original order timestamp of 7/22/21 continue to hold my place? Thanks all.
Not a total reset. There is still a reservation pool to pull from using timestamp(per Ford)
Only way to feasibly move up production is to have a soft top 4 door with very few production constraint add-ons

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a total reset. There is still a reservation pool to pull from using timestamp(per Ford)
Only way to feasibly move up production is to have a soft top 4 door with very few production constraint add-ons
Got it, thanks. I guess my order was a bit unusual because I never actually put in a reservation. I brought my Ranger in to the dealer for service and decided to put in an order for a Bronco while I was there. I assume my timestamp will be day/time of order rather than reservation (since there was none).

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same boat as you, late order and was wondering how my place in line will pad out. Also how the reorder process will go along with the downside if there are any price increases. I still want the hard top over the soft so I am guessing sometime next summer maybe if Ford gets the MIC issue sorted quickly.

I regret not putting in an order early on but I was dealing with waiting for my MACH-E to be built that had similar wait times. I was not sure where I would end up and was going to wait, looking back that was a big mistake.

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Squatchn' I'm in almost the same position as you. If we don't have a VIN by September 13 or whenever MY 22 order banks open up, does that mean we're not getting a MY 21? Or can one still wait in line for MY 21 for then rest of the year?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Squatchn' I'm in almost the same position as you. If we don't have a VIN by September 13 or whenever MY 22 order banks open up, does that mean we're not getting a MY 21? Or can one still wait in line for MY 21 for then rest of the year?
You will need to keep an eye on production scheduling. I would think by Sept 13th that their scheduling will already be into late November / early December. So I guess there could be a chance you might still get scheduled towards the end of December depending on your reservation date. For me, there's no chance, I only ordered a month ago. I'm definitely a MY22.

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You will need to keep an eye on production scheduling. I would think by Sept 13th that their scheduling will already be into late November / early December. So I guess there could be a chance you might still get scheduled towards the end of December depending on your reservation date. For me, there's no chance, I only ordered a month ago. I'm definitely a MY22.
That makes a lot of sense - thanks!
Sponsored