Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 1965 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all,

First post, long-time lurker. Just like most everyone else on this forum, I've been very excited about the new Bronco. I've been holding back and waiting for all the excitement to die down before I order my copy. Since the market is starting to slow and after hearing that the 2024 order banks may open in mid-August, I started working with a local dealer here in NC about ordering a 2-door Black Diamond. I was told by the dealer that Ford was still accepting orders for 2023 models even though I read that the order banks opened and closed on March 27th. Based on that, I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is it still possible to order a 2023? Or is the dealer full of crap?
  2. They also told me that they will include a "non-negotiable" add-on package that includes items like: Glass etching, paint and fabric protection, key replacement, etc. I just refuse to pay for this and am willing to walk away from the deal since I don't really need this truck, however I'm somewhat concerned because more and more dealers are adding on these "non-negotiable" items as a condition of sale. This especially ticks me off since this is a special order and dealers have 100% control NOT to install these things before I take delivery. Does anyone have any strategies to turn down those add-ons?
Thanks in advance!
-Shannon
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it still possible to order a 2023? Or is the dealer full of crap?
Yes, you can order anything except Everglades, Base, Raptor, Heritage, and Heritage Limited. (There are some option constraints.)

They also told me that they will include a "non-negotiable" add-on package that includes items like: Glass etching, paint and fabric protection, key replacement, etc. I just refuse to pay for this and am willing to walk away from the deal since I don't really need this truck, however I'm somewhat concerned because more and more dealers are adding on these "non-negotiable" items as a condition of sale. This especially ticks me off since this is a special order and dealers have 100% control NOT to install these things before I take delivery. Does anyone have any strategies to turn down those add-ons?
If you don't agree to the terms of the sale at that dealer... go to a different dealer. Pretty simple, and really your best option.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If your local dealer isn't meeting your needs, then find another. Don't pay for something you don't want. Nowadays, it is easy to buy a vehicle and have it delivered to your residence or road-trip to bring it back home.

While it is understandable to want to patronize your local dealership, it doesn't make sense if they are forcing add-ons.

OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 1965 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the replies. That's what I thought. I'm not afraid of doing a little driving to get what I want.

Thanks for the advice,
-Shannon
Sponsored