Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys,

I will be traveling to work with my Bronco from the PNW to the desert south of Phoenix for the month of July. Last time I did it I had my Raptor. Since I've never had a convertible, my question is should I drive it down topless (I have a hard top but I also have a Bimini Top which is what I'd use to break up the suns rays)?? I will mostly be working at night, but the Bronco will be parked outside during the day at the hotel. Normally I'd just do it during the summer, but when temps don't get much less than 100 at night where I'm going, I was curious for those that live in that weather if you guys run with your tops down in the heat and just turn the AC on yourself or leave your tops on?

Thanks.
Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not in the desert but with the last 3 days being over 100 (highest 107 and the humidity) here there's no way I would be without some kind of top. Roll with the top, and take the front panels off when you want some sun. I'd run no top in this weather if I was just running errands/going to work but no way would I leave it behind on a trip.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys,

I will be traveling to work with my Bronco from the PNW to the desert south of Phoenix for the month of July. Last time I did it I had my Raptor. Since I've never had a convertible, my question is should I drive it down topless (I have a hard top but I also have a Bimini Top which is what I'd use to break up the suns rays)?? I will mostly be working at night, but the Bronco will be parked outside during the day at the hotel. Normally I'd just do it during the summer, but when temps don't get much less than 100 at night where I'm going, I was curious for those that live in that weather if you guys run with your tops down in the heat and just turn the AC on yourself or leave your tops on?

Thanks.
Highway speeds with a convertible top down always hurt my ears after 2hrs. Iā€™d be surprised if youā€™d be comfortable in that long of a trip with the top off.

I agree with the other comment, take the front two panels off and stick them in the trunk. If you donā€™t like it or itā€™s too hot, you can stop and put them back on in under 5 minutes.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take your top. You never know when you'll get caught in the rain. The interiors aren't waterproof, and a good soaking in a random heavy storm could cause some problems. And, as stated above, if you want sun, you can just remove the two top panels.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rule number one. If you are in a location where the local grass cutting contractors mow lawns at 2:00 AM, and there are more automobile radiator repair shops then there are Starbucks, you need to have a top.

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Being a 5+ decade native desert rat Iā€™d love to say jump in the waters fine. This is how Iā€™ve always ran my Jeeps no doors Bimini top and loved it. But the ā€œdryā€ heat does take some getting used to. It will sap all your energy and leave you a sweaty pile of goo until you do. I really enjoyed driving after the sun was down. Plus if you are here in July you will have to deal with the nightly monsoons and being south of Phoenix the dust will be a big issue. Get ready for pitted windshield and with no top it will get everywhere. So Iā€™d recommend the top and do what you can to get the open air experience while here. Just be ready to feel like someone put you in front of a giant hairdryer on high heat. But hey itā€™s a dry heat.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a 5+ decade native desert rat Iā€™d love to say jump in the waters fine. This is how Iā€™ve always ran my Jeeps no doors Bimini top and loved it. But the ā€œdryā€ heat does take some getting used to. It will sap all your energy and leave you a sweaty pile of goo until you do. I really enjoyed driving after the sun was down. Plus if you are here in July you will have to deal with the nightly monsoons and being south of Phoenix the dust will be a big issue. Get ready for pitted windshield and with no top it will get everywhere. So Iā€™d recommend the top and do what you can to get the open air experience while here. Just be ready to feel like someone put you in front of a giant hairdryer on high heat. But hey itā€™s a dry heat.
It's also a dry dust. It gets places your places didn't know about.

Northridge4x4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Jeeps and one lone Bronco (so far)
Your Bronco Model
Base
keep your top and doors on. We are starting to get the windy days and nights here and with AZ being so odd I wouldnt doubt we get some night time showers here before the actual monsoon season hits. Plus the AC is damn nice to have the the top off or doors off will kill a lot of the AC you actually feel

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Top on 100%. I don't have bronco yet, but living here for 40 years, I'd never want to deal with the summer here without AC. Summer is not the time to run around topless (as far as your Bronco goes)

Remote start will be your friend for sure to get that AC blowing before you get in it.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Once it starts hitting 100 daily here in Vegas, the top on my JL stays on for the duration. I will take the front panels off from time to time (and stow in the back), but I keep a front sunshade on all the time. Even sitting in your front seat, 20 minutes of the summer sun here will fry your nose, ears and, unless you've a thick head of hair, the top of your head.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Top on 100%. I don't have bronco yet, but living here for 40 years, I'd never want to deal with the summer here without AC. Summer is not the time to run around topless (as far as your Bronco goes)

Remote start will be your friend for sure to get that AC blowing before you get in it.
Have you noticed that remote start doesn't blast the AC? Mine just blows gently until I get in and hit start and then it blasts. I want it cold in there before I get in!

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you noticed that remote start doesn't blast the AC? Mine just blows gently until I get in and hit start and then it blasts. I want it cold in there before I get in!
Don't have my WT yet, so I can't say. My wife's Mazda reverts back to what was last running so that is what I was basing my "remote start" comment on.

Bummer that the Bronco blows softly if that's the case, it wont be much help in AZ.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Concur with all the above. Bring your top!
Sponsored