First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean by this? I thought I’d you had a soft top order at this point, it came equipped for hard top. I switched because I believed this to be true…I will be bummed if they aren’t doing this yet.
I seem to remember that anything built with a soft top after September 2021 would include the “prep kit” as standard. Mine was built in October and it has the rear wiper and rear defrost switches as well as the hook-ups in the cargo area.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I can now stop scouring this forum for the answer like when I found out leather option adds carpet haha. I keep learning these little quirks the hard way here!
Sponsored

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had mine since October. There is noticeable road noise, but it really isn't that bad. It is what I expected. I have no problem talking to someone in the rig while driving down the freeway. Same with the phone. People I have talked to while driving have said they couldn't tell I was hands free in the Bronco.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not quiet…but it is the way to go. From someone who wanted the MIC and switched to get built…I realize now that the soft top makes the truck. So easy to pop down and back up. Not quiet…but we’ll worth it.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep, I'd not change to a hard top if you paid me. It gets a bit loud over 75MpH, but nothing the music can't hide and it doesn't get crazy louder at higher speeds, pushed it up to 90 in passing. From what I read about the hard top, it's pretty loud too, and it'll take you way longer than 30 sec to open it to the blue sky above. One of the main reasons for me to buy this thing was the convertible part, and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with panels and bags and I'll always have my roof with me, in case it gets cold or rains or gets too hot in summer. Extremely happy with the roof, the quality, the construction and ease of operation.
I'd only ad a hart top from Ursa Minor or similar, built in RTT for longer overlanding trips. But after the trip it'll come back off and the soft top goes back on. And I'll probably never do that, as I like to camp where it's nice and dry, so setting up on the ground is a non issue. I don't like rain or mud :-D

Sponsored

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe a difference in B&O sound or not, but I can/do have phone conversations at highway speeds quite regularly.
I do a lot of phone calls while driving. The soft top is slightly annoying for calls, but far from impossible. I conduct them every day, at freeway speeds. I'm driving a Sasquatch with LUX.

HallnAz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch, 2015 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's all about perspective....from the driver's pov. I have a 2dr JK with 1/2 doors and soft top.....ANYTHING can be quieter than that! We've had our 4dr BD since October; as many have said, highway speeds will have a greater impact than city speeds but you're still able to have a conversation between rear-occupants without shouting. As others have suggested, try to test drive a few different top versions and see if you think it will be a deterent. If you can't stand the noise on a test drive, it'll only get worse once it's bought. Broncos and Jeeps look fun until you own it for some time; then you fall under two groups: I CAN live with it or I CAN'T live with it.....

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
there is noise but it isn't as bad as an older Jeep. I originally had the MIC top but switched so I could get my Bronco and I'm very happy I did. Not as noisy as I thought it would be. My wife says it doesn't bother her at all
Sponsored