Alright Ford you broke me - question for soft top owners

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Highway noise is pretty bad. Fine up to about 60 MPH, but really ramps up from there. I added a comforter between my GearShade and the soft top. Helps a ton. I read posts saying the hard top isn’t much better (measured decibels) but find it hard to believe the difference is minimal. Hard top also looks much nicer.

Even so, summer with the rear windows out is awesome. The new sunrider closes that gap, but also doesn’t look as nice. I’d buy soft top again since North Carolina summers last so long. I had the rear windows out until mid October.
hey, just curious have you been caught in the rain yet and if so what issues did you have with the speakers getting wet in the back. I like the idea of the safari top mode, but was a bit nervous about water intrusion. thoughts?
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hey, just curious have you been caught in the rain yet and if so what issues did you have with the speakers getting wet in the back. I like the idea of the safari top mode, but was a bit nervous about water intrusion. thoughts?
I’ve been in the rain many times, mostly with the top up (rear windows out). A few times it started raining with the top fully back and I had to stop to put it up. No issues with the speakers any of those times. With the top up and rear windows out the back does get pretty wet. The back of my rear seats looks like it stays dry, even at highway speeds. Speakers don’t seem to get wet unless I get stuck with the top down.

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been in the rain many times, mostly with the top up (rear windows out). A few times it started raining with the top fully back and I had to stop to put it up. No issues with the speakers any of those times. With the top up and rear windows out the back does get pretty wet. The back of my rear seats looks like it stays dry, even at highway speeds. Speakers don’t seem to get wet unless I get stuck with the top down.
Thanks, thats the tips i was looking for. i think i can always pull over to put the top up, but was not sure if riding with the back windows out how it would be.

So when you say "the back does get pretty wet", how bad does it get and how did you handle it? did you have to take out anything or so any super herioc drying when you get back home? I may be too worked up over it. 😂😂

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 23 new softops are pretty nice. They have a gutter system to stop the rain from just dropping on you when you open the windows. I also hear they are more quiet.

The channel BuckleupButtercup has a good review on them. Also, DirtyDog offers a liner to add to the softop that has received some positive reviews.

As for my softop, its not bad, I have a lightbar up top, so in crosswinds, I get a fap fap sometimes, but honestly, I have no problems with conversations, or hearing my music.

Last edited:

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not rode in a soft top but I held out for the MIC because I wanted less noise. Well let me tell you there is a lot of wind noise with the hard tops. So if thats one of your main concerns I think its just a result of driving a brick that isnt good in either solution. I kinda wish I had gotten a soft top now.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, thats the tips i was looking for. i think i can always pull over to put the top up, but was not sure if riding with the back windows out how it would be.

So when you say "the back does get pretty wet", how bad does it get and how did you handle it? did you have to take out anything or so any super herioc drying when you get back home? I may be too worked up over it. 😂😂
I have the Ford drawer installed. Even with that I just let it dry. I do avoid having items in the back if there’s a chance of rain. Other than that, let it rain and drive as you normally would. Nothing bad happens.
Sponsored