Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Full on mistake on my end. Will post pics tomorrow once I have more light but thought I had clearance off-roading and damaged the frame of the soft top while I had it partly pulled back. Still shuts fully and somewhat works. Trying to decide if I should go with an aftermarket soft top, wait to find an OEM or maybe file a claim. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it works well enough you can wait for the aftermarket I would. I don't care for the ford soft top though. I'd rather have something that I can open the back window all the way, not lift it.

OP
OP
talbot74

talbot74

Black Diamond
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it works well enough you can wait for the aftermarket I would. I don't care for the ford soft top though. I'd rather have something that I can open the back window all the way, not lift it.
I was leaning this way already. Strong adhesive will make it work fine. The back of the soft top is extremely frustrating for that reason.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Full on mistake on my end. Will post pics tomorrow once I have more light but thought I had clearance off-roading and damaged the frame of the soft top while I had it partly pulled back. Still shuts fully and somewhat works. Trying to decide if I should go with an aftermarket soft top, wait to find an OEM or maybe file a claim. Thoughts?
The cost to file an insurance claim makes no sense. Buy a new one or see if it can be adjusted back to work properly. The current aftermarket options do not fold all the way back or allow for the back to raise for loading.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dont care for the only soft top option from bestop, cant stow all the way back.

I cringe at the thought of what a soft top from Ford will cost via the parts department...

Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MyTop just announced their auto soft top should be in production this spring.

Window side zips and can fold all open. Also panels still come off and can be stored in a pouch inside the top.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
MyTop just announced their auto soft top should be in production this spring.

Window side zips and can fold all open. Also panels still come off and can be stored in a pouch inside the top.
Im hoping the windows end up a little bigger than the prototype, and that the stowed position can squash down more. It folds back as high as the roof line almost, seems like you'd have zero visibility behind you. But its a prototype, so very curious to see the finished product. I love the idea of a power soft top.
Ford Bronco Broke My Soft Top 1641307428283

Ford Bronco Broke My Soft Top 1641307478651

nic

Badlands
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not fixable at all? I made a similar mistake pulling out of the garage with the top only partially open. No damage to the actual roof thankfully, but It knocked a bracket loose that pulls the tension cord. I was able to JB weld it back on.

Ford Bronco Broke My Soft Top IMG_3513

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im hoping the windows end up a little bigger than the prototype, and that the stowed position can squash down more. It folds back as high as the roof line almost, seems like you'd have zero visibility behind you. But its a prototype, so very curious to see the finished product. I love the idea of a power soft top.

Hoping with the side windows as well!

Their goal was to have it drop lower than the OEM, so hopefully the next prototype shows closer to production!

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hoping with the side windows as well!

Their goal was to have it drop lower than the OEM, so hopefully the next prototype shows closer to production!
well my wallet certainly hopes they fail, if they succeed it will cost me 4grand.

Sponsored
OP
OP
talbot74

talbot74

Black Diamond
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont care for the only soft top option from bestop, cant stow all the way back.

I cringe at the thought of what a soft top from Ford will cost via the parts department...
Over 10k when I called my local dealership to see a quote. Insane.

OP
OP
talbot74

talbot74

Black Diamond
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even that first position with the OEM soft top I didnt get great visibility.
Sponsored