Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing as it's the week of King of the Hammers, here's Quinn Pultz giving his take on the success of the Bronco platform in racing.

If you've not heard of Quinn Pultz or 74Weld, their race portals are almost required these days to win. I believe the Ford Performance racing team is using them on all the Broncos they run. There's a thread on the rec portals they have for our Broncos (non-Raptor) as well.

Note, the Race of Kings is Saturday and Loren Healy and Vaughn Gittin Jr are in the top 20 starts running the Ford Performance rigs.

Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2024 KOH 4600 class.

Pole: Brad Lovell.

Second: Loren Healy. Made most of his qualifying lap on a front left flat.

Bailey Cole biffed a rock and broke that Howe steering he was talking about.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2024 KOH 4600 class.

I think it was the EMC qualifier where the driver rolled over and somehow kept going. And tonight when Randy Slawson ran into those two golf carts on the track and kept going. I wonder if there's a blooper reel...

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reason Ford is winning is they gave out free $50k Broncos and Support. Literally a huge injection of Ford into the mix. Portal are the current thing because of class regulations around tire size and modifications.

King of the Hammer has lost its roots.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reason Ford is winning is they gave out free $50k Broncos and Support. Literally a huge injection of Ford into the mix. Portal are the current thing because of class regulations around tire size and modifications.

I agree to a certain extent. But portals, Broncos, and Ultra4 have been a thing for longer than you might think.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree to a certain extent. But portals, Broncos, and Ultra4 have been a thing for longer than you might think.
Small team efforts and modified back yard creations. Not this smothering of money and names. It's becoming less interesting every year. The bus was glorious!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Small team efforts and modified back yard creations. Not this smothering of money and names. It's becoming less interesting every year. The bus was glorious!

Agree. It's all about the money now. Those first races were for a case of beer. I thought of buying a Bomber instead of the Bronc. But I will say it is fun as hell to watch guys, and girls, pound something through the rocks at 40+ miles an hour. The premium coverage is the best. You can watch just one section, or "follow" your guy through each one. Pretty cool.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2024 KOH 4600 class.

Hereā€™s Brad bouncing down Resolution.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For yā€™all whoā€™ve been here for a few years, remember my post from 2021 saying go watch KOH as the stock Broncos take the flag 1,2,3?

The debate over portals was wild. All of those guys who were losing it are eating crow now, and as said, portals are needed to win now and you can even get a set yourself for the cost of a second mortgage, but still, you can.

Guys were like, ā€œthey cost $60K or $100K and itā€™s cheatingā€. Whatever man. šŸ˜’

The portals from 74Weld are awesome and if I could afford them, would drive my Bronco down to Bubba at Exodus in Texas and get them installed tomorrow.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. It's all about the money now. Those first races were for a case of beer. I thought of buying a Bomber instead of the Bronc. But I will say it is fun as hell to watch guys, and girls, pound something through the rocks at 40+ miles an hour. The premium coverage is the best. You can watch just one section, or "follow" your guy through each one. Pretty cool.
I especially thought it amusing how they'd go to a commercial break and immediately someone would get hung up or flipped or some drama. If you didn't the premium, you would miss it since they don't do that many replays.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For yā€™all whoā€™ve been here for a few years, remember my post from 2021 saying go watch KOH as the stock Broncos take the flag 1,2,3?

The debate over portals was wild. All of those guys who were losing it are eating crow now, and as said, portals are needed to win now and you can even get a set yourself for the cost of a second mortgage, but still, you can.

Guys were like, ā€œthey cost $60K or $100K and itā€™s cheatingā€. Whatever man. šŸ˜’

The portals from 74Weld are awesome and if I could afford them, would drive my Bronco down to Bubba at Exodus in Texas and get them installed tomorrow.
I thought the race portals were like $70k but Quinn's suggested they're more like $35k. Take a WildTrak and do the upgrades he's talking about in the video, you're around a Braptor with ADM. It's not that expensive. Hell, those race tires I assume would have to be donated by a sponsor, a set of those are like $15-20k right?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come one Snacktime, nothing stays the same forever.

Fordā€˜s money has grown the sport, and of course it sells Broncos too which is the point, but KOH and Ultra4 are gaining steam now. Just look at what HammerTown looks like today versus 5 years ago. Sure itā€™s less edgy, but not sure thats so badā€¦..

Other factory makes will soon join. I see Toyota on the horizon and maybe Jeeps French overlords will wise up or hopefully sell the company again to an American company.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@MadMan4BamaNATL I know, last time I was there was 2019ish. That was when I said I'm done. This year tv coverage has kind of sucked me in.

Probably more organized now, but my first time around 2004ish was way way way better.
Sponsored