First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@MadMan4BamaNATL I know, last time I was there was 2019ish. That was when I said I'm done. This year tv coverage has kind of sucked me in.

Probably more organized now, but my first time around 2004ish was way way way better.
I'm curious how your first time could have been in 2004 when the first official KOH was in 2008. I have a lot of pictures and memories, because I built one of the race cars and chased it all day that year. Yeah, it was a lot different back then, but what it is today is exactly what everyone who went off the line back in the OG days hoped it would become. Most of the racers back then came from competition rockcrawling which had been struggling to get a fan following and sponsor support for years.....and still is.

There still are a lot of backyard garage racers there with their families, and they are out there racing today. I sponsor one of the 4600 teams that is running 2 XJ's and they are the absolute definition of grassroots. They have also been quite successful over the years.

Ford Bronco Quinn Pultz: Why The Ford Bronco Is Dominating Off Road Right Now PBR
Sponsored

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@StinkBug Interested to see your take on Quinn's video. Especially with Ford going 1-2 today (missing door and blown CVs and all).

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@StinkBug Interested to see your take on Quinn's video. Especially with Ford going 1-2 today (missing door and blown CVs and all).
I just got a chance to watch the whole video, and as usual Quinn hit the nail on the head. I know basically everyone involved, some of them very closely. Bailey Cole I've known since before he hit puberty. I met Brad and Roger Lovell in 2004 when I was hired as crew chief for the redbull rockcrawling team and we were competitors. I also became part of the Lovell Racing team when I co-drove with Roger at KOH 2011, finishing 7th i think? I've known Quinn since high school, IIRC I was the TA for his freshman intro to metal shop class. Loren I know the least, but we've met a number of times over the years.

As Quinn says, these are not Ford factory teams. They are just normal racers just like most of the Ultra4 fields who also happen to be top shelf drivers. Ford isn't repairing them between races, prepping them, or even showing up to help in the pits. I spent years building race winning vehicles, and could build a Bronco just as fast as any of those, and I could even afford to build it. However with me behind the wheel it would look like Ford failed, because I'm simply not even close to being the driver any one of them is. Brad has been winning championships for over 20 years in multiple forms of off road racing. Bailey has been wheeling the Hammers literally since he was in diapers. Loren has been winning since XRRA was a thing. The Broncos win because Ford chose the right people, not because of unlimited budgets (that don't actually exist).

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@StinkBug Myspace and Blue Ribbons coalition! With the Pismo beach mass closer a few of us start going to Johnson Valley for new years to ride quads. Was not a real thing, just people looking for new places to ride slowly evolved into certain week.

Then Formula Toyota started and I had a front row seat when one of my dad's high school buddies bought in around 2005 or 2006?

Let's not look back on your history as I was very active on Pirate from 2002 to 2013ish.
Sponsored