First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If we get into our Bronco with one or both of our i- phones on, the radio will not work. We have to turn the phone(s) off, and then we can access the radio. We took the Bronco to our local Ford dealer. We deleted both i-phones and then re-paired them and Apple Car Play. Same problem. Anyone have a similar issue or have a cure? Thanks
Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does the radio do? My wife and I both have I-phones, and we don't have any issues yet.

Does it go to the phone looking for a Bluetooth source (Pandora, Iheart radio or Apple Music).

I would try deleting just one phone, then hope in and drive listening to a radio station, shut off the Bronco. Walk away (about 40 feet or more). Wait a few minutes. Then walk back over and start it and see what happens.

The other thing to do is a master reset on the radio, and the phones. I know you said you deleted the phones, but did you do a master reset on the radio.

Another thing is turn off wireless CarPlay on both phones and see if that helps.

A little more info on exactly what the radio does when in this state will help.

Mike

OP
OP
56F100

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We tried turning off the wireless CarPlay at the dealer. That did not help either. Basically, the phones have to be off when we get into the car to allow us access to the radio. We can turn the phones back on, BUT, if one phone is used to check email or internet, the radio cuts out again. Pretty frustrating. Other than that, our Bronco has been perfect.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We tried turning off the wireless CarPlay at the dealer. That did not help either. Basically, the phones have to be off when we get into the car to allow us access to the radio. We can turn the phones back on, BUT, if one phone is used to check email or internet, the radio cuts out again. Pretty frustrating. Other than that, our Bronco has been perfect.

I would ensure your phones have the latest apple software, 16.6?

Also try it with the phones connect via a USB cord, see if the problem persists.

Last resort:

https://www.ford.ca/support/how-tos/sync/troubleshooting/how-do-i-perform-a-sync-master-reset/

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does the screen look like when it cuts out? Does the volume just stop or the radio go blank?

Sponsored

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If we get into our Bronco with one or both of our i- phones on, the radio will not work. We have to turn the phone(s) off, and then we can access the radio. We took the Bronco to our local Ford dealer. We deleted both i-phones and then re-paired them and Apple Car Play. Same problem. Anyone have a similar issue or have a cure? Thanks
We have the same setup. Getting to FM is annoying as we have to select through several options to get there. I'm the primary driver as well and because my wife's phone is named with characters lower in the alphabet, she becomes the primary when we take the vehicle, also annoying. Are your two phones named identically? I would look for odd things like that. How old are the iphones? We are both using 12 pros.

OP
OP
56F100

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
iPhones are new. Different names. Radio seems dependent on phones. Dealer was no help.

OP
OP
56F100

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What does the screen look like when it cuts out? Does the volume just stop or the radio go blank?
Screen shows all of the options on it. But radio cuts out and you can not access radio by pressing the music icon. There are no options for radio sources. Radio will not come back on unless phones are turned off.

OP
OP
56F100

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm, I found one article stating that both bluetooth and wireless have to be turned on for wireless carplay to work. I don't know if this problem persists when you also have the phone plugged into the usb port. There are some other options listed as well when focusing on this as an iphone issue and not a bronco issue. just exploring all the options here...

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have the same setup. Getting to FM is annoying as we have to select through several options to get there. I'm the primary driver as well and because my wife's phone is named with characters lower in the alphabet, she becomes the primary when we take the vehicle, also annoying. Are your two phones named identically? I would look for odd things like that. How old are the iphones? We are both using 12 pros.
I have similar issue with my wife. Oh well, it's normally not an issue, but it is a surprise for the caller on the other end when they expect my wife's voice. LOL.

I'll have an issue with Carplay when I'm by myself sometimes with Spotify. It won't load for some reason, but after I hit play on my phone (spotify app), then there isn't an issue. It's minor and I really don't care since it's an easy work around.

I'm so new to using Carplay, that I really don't end up using it all that much.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At the risk of going for the easy....I assume AndroidAuto oh, yours is CarPlay is default on once Bronco starts. Same in AA. Just hit the button to go back to the Ford screen and click on audio there and they should all pop up. But you surely know that...

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At the risk of going for the easy....I assume AndroidAuto oh, yours is CarPlay is default on once Bronco starts. Same in AA. Just hit the button to go back to the Ford screen and click on audio there and they should all pop up. But you surely know that...
yep, I have to click on the apps button to then select audio and then fm. This is a lot of time to stare at three different screens for me while driving. Other cars have a button for smartphone, radio, nav... that turns this into a one step process where one may not even have to look at the screen. With so much real-estate on the bronco screen, having shortcuts would be beneficial in my case :)
Sponsored