Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I ordered the new Rampage soft top for my 2 door badlands on the 14th. Got delivered on the 17th. Packaging was pretty solid. Came in three separate labeled boxes packed into one large box.

Fast forward to yesterday, we installed the top. It took roughly 2.5 hours but that included beer breaks and we were also attempting to film an install video because there wasn’t one out yet. The install video didn’t turn out very good but we’ll see if we can work with the footage. I’ve heard install times as short as 1.5 hours. We left the soft pieces in the Florida summer sun for a couple of hours so they could stretch a little bit. Needless to say, the windows still need to stretch because holy crap what a pain to get those suckers on but we finally did it. I’m going to leave them on for about a week at least before I take them off again so they can form to the top. The windows use zippers, velcro, and friction channels to lock into place and the zippers are strong. Everything on this top seems to be high quality (stitching, sailcloth fabric, zippers, windows, etc). It’s super easy to lift the top back with one hand from the driver seat.

I’ve also partnered up with hammer built and we are doing special pricing for forum members on this top, so PM me if you are interested! We’re doing $799 for the 2dr top and $889 for the 4dr.

https://hpbuilt.shop/products/rampa...-top-4-door-black?_pos=2&_sid=4b1b5ba61&_ss=r

The only issue I’ve run into is the rear window contacts the bolts on the rear speaker pod brackets, but I am working on a solution (pic attached). We might use countersunk bolts. Somebody else said they put foam pieces over the bolts, which could also be a solution.

Pros of this top:
- easy to open and close the top
- fabric seems durable
- large rear window
- dark windows, I’d say darker than the factory hard top (maybe ~10% tint?)
- no flapping or rattling with top open or closed at highway speeds >70mph
- overhead storage pockets
- on board window storage built into the top

Cons:
- Rear window contacts speaker bolts
- wind noise is louder than factory hard top (can’t compare it to factory soft top because I haven’t ridden in one)
- interior gets HOT when left out in sun. It’s 90° here today and it took considerably longer to cool down the interior
- top doesn’t go all the way back like factory soft top or bestop

All in all, when considering install time, ease of use, workmanship/quality, and price point (I got it for around $800) I think the top was well built and worth it. Compared to Bestop, which is $1900 on their website and takes a full day to install. This is around the same price as the Bestop sun rider as well.

I haven’t been able to test the top in rain or on the trails yet but it’s almost rainy season here so I will update the post then.

have the JCR interior cargo basket and I can confirm it fits with the rear window, as long as the rack is pushed as far forward as possible with the rear seats in, pic attached

Updates: just had a gnarly rainstorm. It passes the rain test

Just took it through a brush carwash. No leaks and no damage to the top. Windows are fine, no scratches. But damn it was sketchy with the brushes, blowers, and top pressure washers (and loud af). I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re in a pinch and I don’t think I’ll be doing it anymore.

I just posted a YouTube video review on this top. Be sure to check it out.

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3019

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3020

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3024

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3025

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3026

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3027

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3028

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3022

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3023

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3021

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3030

Here is with the windows out:

IMG_3091.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any pics before the windows went on ? I am looking forward to running safari style all summer. Not a fan of the slant back, but I will get used to it, worth it for the pop up rain shower protection. I ordered a few days ago, but they told me 10 day lead time and shipping from the factory. Cjponyparts had a good discount and good service.

*update - ordered on a Friday, expected arrival now is the following Weds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any pics before the windows went on ? I am looking forward to running safari style all summer. Not a fan of the slant back, but I will get used to it, worth it for the pop up rain shower protection. I ordered a few days ago, but they told me 10 day lead time and shipping from the factory. Cjponyparts had a good discount and good service.
I don’t have a picture without the windows but there’s a good YouTube video out there. Cjponyparts and 1-2week lead time but I got mine delivered in 2 days from them

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love mine 90’s here I drone it to work all week and got popped with rain twice

nice to have the windows with me in the top
Yeah love that feature. Are you the guy that I’ve been messaging on Facebook about this top?

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may be the first 4 door to get one. I have a normal black Diamond - non-sas. I will be sure to post pics. Their pics of it on the Havoc 4 door looks nice. My truck is a little more tame.

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be the first 4 door to get one. I have a normal black Diamond - non-sas. I will be sure to post pics. Their pics of it on the Havoc 4 door looks nice. My truck is a little more tame.
Oh yeah the havoc 4 door looks bad ass. About the only time I thought a spare delete looked good

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I ordered and installed the new rampage soft top for my 2 door badlands from cjponyparts on the 14th. Got delivered on the 17th. Packaging was pretty solid. Came in three separate labeled boxes packed into one large box.

Fast forward to yesterday, we installed the top. It took roughly 2.5 hours but that included beer breaks and we were also attempting to film an install video because there wasn’t one out yet. The install video didn’t turn out very good but we’ll see if we can work with the footage. I’ve heard install times as short as 1.5 hours. We left the soft pieces in the Florida summer sun for a couple of hours so they could stretch a little bit. Needless to say, the windows still need to stretch because holy crap what a pain to get those suckers on but we finally did it. I’m going to leave them on for about a week at least before I take them off again so they can form to the top. The windows use zippers, velcro, and friction channels to lock into place and the zippers are strong. Everything on this top seems to be high quality (stitching, sailcloth fabric, zippers, windows, etc). It’s super easy to lift the top back with one hand from the driver seat.

The only issue I’ve run into is the rear window contacts the bolts on the rear speaker pod brackets, but I am working on a solution (pic attached). We might use countersunk bolts. Somebody else said they put foam pieces over the bolts, which could also be a solution.

Pros of this top:
- easy to open and close the top
- fabric seems durable
- large rear window
- dark windows, I’d say darker than the factory hard top (maybe ~10% tint?)
- no flapping or rattling with top open or closed at highway speeds >70mph
- overhead storage pockets
- on board window storage built into the top

Cons:
- Rear window contacts speaker bolts
- wind noise is louder than factory hard top (can’t compare it to factory soft top because I haven’t ridden in one)
- interior gets HOT when left out in sun. It’s 90° here today and it took considerably longer to cool down the interior
- top doesn’t go all the way back like factory soft top or bestop

All in all, when considering install time, ease of use, workmanship/quality, and price point (I got it for $800) I think the top was well built and worth it. Compared to Bestop, which is $1900 on their website and takes a full day to install. This is around the same price as the Bestop sun rider as well.

I haven’t been able to test the top in rain or on the trails yet but it’s almost rainy season here so I will update the post then.

Update: I have the JCR interior cargo basket and I can confirm it fits with the rear window, as long as the rack is pushed as far forward as possible with the rear seats in, pic attached

Update (again): just had a gnarly rainstorm. It passes the rain test
Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_5860

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_5860

Here is with the windows out.

View attachment 516997
[/QUOTE
A great price for a soft top. I am also in the market for a soft top but have been waiting for one that folds all the way down. When you say yours does NOT fold all the way down, does that mean that the rear-most section over the rear seats always stays up and only the driver section folds back (and windows come off) ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't love this vs the Trektop honestly. The flappy windows seem as bad as stock.
The windows are tight. I think the lighting makes them look a little wavy in these pics but I can assure you they are tight as a mf and no issues with vision

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is with the windows out.

How long to go from full top to this? I really like the price point as the Bestop is rediculous for what I need but if the windows come on/off fairly easy I'm getting one. I agree with previous post why fastback????
Sponsored