4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

New member and am OVERWHELMED with the amount of information here. Love seeing all the pics although I'm not sure if it's causing me more confusion. Every new pic brings on thoughts of "I want the 4 dr. Now I want the 2 dr. Hard top, soft top, Ohh, I want that too" :) Seriously great stuff

Per the title - I should be converting to an order later this week and while I'm reading the forums and FAQs there is so much there. Total newbie here and never ordered a new car before. Are there a Top 5 (Top 10) things I should know going in to the meeting with my dealer? "Must ask" type Questions I should ask?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever questions you have, are the must ask questions. Don't feel as if you're bothering your dealer or salesperson by doing your due diligence and trying to be an informed buyer.
If you're unsure about something, you can try finding the answer here, Google, or your dealer. If your dealer says they don't know, ask them to ask their Ford contact. They should all have a Bronco rep they work with.

Just my thoughts.

Have fun, and good luck!

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1. If it’s not in writing and signed, whatever they tell you means nothing

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Price should be determined before the dealer submits the order. Several dealers on here advertising 3% and 4% under invoice just so you know...

Get the price in writing. If you don't, you are at their mercy. You can't switch dealers after the order is submitted.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Price should be determined before the dealer submits the order. Several dealers on here advertising 3% and 4% under invoice just so you know...

Get the price in writing. If you don't, you are at their mercy. You can't switch dealers after the order is submitted.
This 100%. Know what your price is going to be before signing/submitting anything. Know that there are other options than the dealership you are assigned if they are trying to overcharge.

Like Spooled says, you can save $1000's if you are willing to travel a bit to get to your new truck.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NEGOTIATE PRICE BEFORE YOU AGREE TO ORDERING.

Sign a copy of the WBDO Order Summary with an agreed price on it (it will list MSRP and potentially Invoice). It will list exactly what they are entering into the order system on your behalf. You can negotiate anything from agreeing to one of those prices to a percentage to a flat amount above or below either of those prices.

And understand that Ford has more orders than capacity to build in a timely manner, so most people will be waiting for their bronco for many months… what you order will have the biggest impact.

My advice, if you can afford to wait for your bronco, just order exactly what you want.

Here is a copy of my WBDO for reference:

Ford Bronco New Reservation - Converting to an Order later this week 1624917468030

Also, did you select the dealership you wanted to work with when you reserved, or did you just go with whatever local dealer the website defaulted to? (It helps to shop around for dealers before you try to enter into a negotiation… I’m purchasing my bronco from a dealer 1,000 miles away.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1 - Is my dealer Granger or Stephens?

OP
OP
4Runfun

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

NEGOTIATE PRICE BEFORE YOU AGREE TO ORDERING.

Sign a copy of the WBDO Order Summary with an agreed price on it (it will list MSRP and potentially Invoice). It will list exactly what they are entering into the order system on your behalf. You can negotiate anything from agreeing to one of those prices to a percentage to a flat amount above or below either of those prices.

And understand that Ford has more orders than capacity to build in a timely manner, so most people will be waiting for their bronco for many months… what you order will have the biggest impact.

My advice, if you can afford to wait for your bronco, just order exactly what you want.

Here is a copy of my WBDO for reference:

Ford Bronco New Reservation - Converting to an Order later this week 1624917468030

Also, did you select the dealership you wanted to work with when you reserved, or did you just go with whatever local dealer the website defaulted to? (It helps to shop around for dealers before you try to enter into a negotiation… I’m purchasing my bronco from a dealer 1,000 miles away.
Great info - Picked he dealer I want to work with so we'll see

OP
OP
4Runfun

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

#1 - Is my dealer Granger or Stephens?
Can ask but what is the difference between each? What do I need to know?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can ask but what is the difference between each? What do I need to know?
They have long been some of the finest dealerships shares on the forum. Best deals in the country and outstanding communication.

I’m buying from Granger and road tripping 1,000 miles back.

(the savings don’t necessarily outweigh the cost to pickup or transport the bronco home, but not all value is measured in dollars)

Both are well represented on the forum with multiple threads and communications….

…but if you already have a dealer you want to work with, you’re ahead of most of us when the Bronco was revealed. ;)

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
New member and am OVERWHELMED with the amount of information here. Love seeing all the pics although I'm not sure if it's causing me more confusion. Every new pic brings on thoughts of "I want the 4 dr. Now I want the 2 dr. Hard top, soft top, Ohh, I want that too" :) Seriously great stuff

Per the title - I should be converting to an order later this week and while I'm reading the forums and FAQs there is so much there. Total newbie here and never ordered a new car before. Are there a Top 5 (Top 10) things I should know going in to the meeting with my dealer? "Must ask" type Questions I should ask?

Thanks in advance
First thing you need to ask yourself is... How patient am I ?

The rest will sort itself out from there. Good Luck.
Sponsored

Last edited: