Sponsored

Didn’t place order - will I be able to order later this year?

rinconryder

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Due to a larger than expected tax bill I decided not to place my order. If I decide to place an order later this year will I still be able to do so? Thank you in advance for any input.
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

22s B&P is assumed to be in Sep-ish.

So, yes, you should be able to order later this year.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, nothing really stopping you from going in and putting in an order for what you want right now. If you find a decent dealer, they'll just put your build in at code 99 and it'll at least be in the chute and ready to go for '22

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Honestly, nothing really stopping you from going in and putting in an order for what you want right now. If you find a decent dealer, they'll just put your build in at code 99 and it'll at least be in the chute and ready to go for '22
But may as well wait for the 22 B&P to see the changes.

Also @rinconryder you avoid a dealer wanting a non-refundable deposit, if you are only one bill away from not affording the Bronco you may want to save up for a couple more years.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But may as well wait for the 22 B&P to see the changes.

Also @rinconryder you avoid a dealer wanting a non-refundable deposit, if you are only one bill away from not affording the Bronco you may want to save up for a couple more years.
True, I thought of that after I posted. there will inevitably be some changes for '22, colors, etc. so who knows.

Either option is wide open for OP tho, I suppose.

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you haven't placed an order yet there is no way in hell you are getting one this year
I don't believe that is true. A first day reservation holder could still get a 2021 but it would not be in the first "batch" which I recall is by quarter.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't believe that is true. A first day reservation holder could still get a 2021 but it would not be in the first "batch" which I recall is by quarter.
Is the poster a first day reservation? If so you are correct and there's a chance but if he reserved months later then he has no chance

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What exactly is code 99 I am not familiar with this?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What exactly is code 99 I am not familiar with this?
Code 99 is essentially the bottom of the queue. "Hold this order at the back of the line"
When the dealer enters your order into the system, they can give it a Priority Code "99" which saves the order in the system, but tells Ford to ignore it and not build it.

At any point the dealer can go back in and change that priority code to something else, and then Ford will consider it for production.

Typically with Ford vehicles, the dealer can use priority codes to rank their orders, to give priority to "loyal customers" and stuff like that.

In the case of the Bronco, any order with any code other than 99 will be ranked by Ford according to the timestamp of when the reservation was made.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When the dealer enters your order into the system, they can give it a Priority Code "99" which saves the order in the system, but tells Ford to ignore it and not build it.

At any point the dealer can go back in and change that priority code to something else, and then Ford will consider it for production.

Typically with Ford vehicles, the dealer can use priority codes to rank their orders, to give priority to "loyal customers" and stuff like that.

In the case of the Bronco, any order with any code other than 99 will be ranked by Ford according to the timestamp of when the reservation was made.
I have a 7/14 reservation so I think I should be good.
Sponsored