Sponsored

When will we be able to order a 2DR again this year?

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry for the noob question as I was told by 2 dealerships in Mass that I can't order one. And the even better question would be if they do open again is it like year wait if I want a Sas 2dr.
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered the same 2 dr SAS build from 2 different dealers in WA on 3/27 and neither think I will get it built in MY23 and the bigger of the 2 dealers isn't sure I would get it until late '24 if I would even get it at all. I have not gotten the feeling the 2dr is gone for good from Fords offerings but there are folk on the forum way closer to the inside info from Ford than I am. I too would love to hear their thoughts.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Order banks are open right now, but 2-doors are in extremely limited supply.

Ford gave dealers estimated allocation numbers for how many 2-doors they would receive for the remaining of the production year a few months ago. What's likely happened is those dealers you've talked to have already used up all of their estimated allocations for the production year, so to help ensure their existing customers get build dates, they simply aren't taking any more orders.

You can continue looking for a dealer who will take your order, but there is an extremely good chance that your order will never get built and you'll have to place a new order once the 2024 model year order banks open. That should be around late August into September, but Ford hasn't announced dates yet.
So basically ask dealers if they have allocations first and then cross my fingers for a Bronco. Damn I can't believe in 2023 stuff is still a mess.

Thx

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think what has been said about ordering a ā€™24 is the order banks should open around October and all new allocation percentages on the constrained items. If your dead set on getting a ā€˜23 youā€™ll just have to start calling dealers to see what allocations they have left for this year and thereā€™s a good chance you could get scheduled because we saw last week guys that had orders submitted late May get scheduled this last week.

And all dealers knew what their allocations for the year were when the order banks opened back on 3/27, my dealer knew he had 40 for the rest of the year so donā€™t let them screw you around on that, they know.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, this is all hilarious to me as I thought finding a GR Corolla was like impossible. Thanks for all the help.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you think that if I were to change from a
Yuuup.

Just to avoid confusion, all they have is estimates, so if they give you goofy looks when you ask if they have allocations don't be surprised. The "real" allocations are handed out on a monthly basis. So... as an example... the allocations for the month of June will be handed out on Monday.

Very good chance order banks will close this month, so you'll have to be quick about it.

Also... Ford is not price protecting or carrying over orders into 2024MY. So if you don't get a build date for 2023MY (extremely likely at this point), then you literally will be starting over again for 2024MY. This is probably another reason why dealers are being more restrictive about taking orders than they were in the pastā€”they don't want to deal with angry customers that never get a build date because they took orders for more Broncos than Ford could produce.
Not to try to hijack this thread but if I were to change my 2dr SAS order to an exact same optioned 4dr, would there be a better chance it would get built this year? Or is the SAS a build killer for MY23 regardless?

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, this is all hilarious to me as I thought finding a GR Corolla was like impossible. Thanks for all the help.
If you look back at the threads for the 3/27 order date youā€™ll see posts that show the percentages and the 2dr was the lowest at 10% so yeah theyā€™re going to go quick. I think SAS was around 50% and MIC HT around 70% but I might have those mixed up.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would check with Granger to see if anyone backed out on a 2 door. They have a shit ton of Broncos coming in and a fair share are 2 doors. Someone will back out.

Shouldn't be so hard to get a real Bronco...

Ford Bronco When will we be able to order a 2DR again this year? IMG-993fe0c50d00695bc8b24803597cf4c8-V

Glad to have a 2021 and a 2023.

GOTJUICE?

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 dr SAS one year wait at least. Ford assured me no package or option will delay vehicle anymore than another.

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just ordered a 2 door Black Diamond today (backup order for one I already have). Like others have said, if the dealer doesnā€™t have an allocation left for ā€˜23, the likely hood of them getting an additional allocation this year is slim.

The order I just placed is at a smallish dealer that still had 1 or 2 allocations left. But that was the first thing I asked. You may have to call around to find a dealer that still has a 2 door availability.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which leads me to another question. What makes the SAS package such a pain to get built? Axles? Genuinely curious.

I have a double whammy in getting anything scheduled this year. 2 doors and SAS package. Heck, I even opted for the standard equipment package thinking that would help šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which leads me to another question. What makes the SAS package such a pain to get built? Axles? Genuinely curious.

I have a double whammy in getting anything scheduled this year. 2 doors and SAS package. Heck, I even opted for the standard equipment package thinking that would help šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
The last I had heard one of the key limitations in SAS availability had been the supply of the GY Territories. Don't recall hearing anything about the axles; those same axles are delivered in models with and without the SAS option so I'm kind of doubting that's a limitation but, of course, these things can and do change quickly.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2-dr will be even more limited for MY'24. Ford had indicated that they are intending to only build 10% of 2-dr orders for MY'24. If you are ordering in MY'24, you need to find a dealer with a large enough allocation that will be taking a bite of the projected 10%. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for MY'25. Ford is committed to building dealer stock along with retail orders. Moar Doors Galore!

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well feel real lucky after reading this thread, I have a 2dr, High, SAS, tow, which got scheduled this week, I went with a high volume dealer an hour+ from my house. A 4dr was never considered as my kids are grown and the grandkids ride in my wifeā€™s Edge, even so 4dr is to big for me, if I had to go 4dr would be a Ranger or F150.
Sponsored