Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just so I get this 100% correct, you are only running into problems with the plate furthest from the front?
I have installed the front plate. The back of the Raptor front plate is different from the non-Raptor plates in that both sides are even height rather than one side higher than the other. This is where the issue lies.
Sponsored

Deleted member 49144

So I take it there is no way to get that additional bracket to make it level, assuming it’s welded to the frame on the raptor?

If I was going to go this route, I’d powdercoat it matte or satin black. What happens to the stock tow hooks in stock bumper?

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lots of good info in the oil change video. This is the other raised side on the Raptor. Yes, welded onto the frame.

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 8.24.00 PM

This is the side that is the same on both types:

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 8.13.43 PM

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another view of the missing piece.

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 8.29.16 PM

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I rewatched parts of the Raptor oil change video and I noticed that there is a part number on the extra bracket that exists only on the Raptor. I can't catch the whole number though. If the part can be ordered, that would be interesting.

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 3.32.25 PM

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 3.31.40 PM

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is what the Braptor front skid plate looks like on non-Raptor with modular bumper.
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_8301[1].JPG

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is what the Braptor front skid plate looks like on non-Raptor with modular bumper.
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_8301[1].JPG
Looks great. What did you do about the side where the bolt doesn't reach?

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great. What did you do about the side where the bolt doesn't reach?
Thanks! I went to the metric bolt section at Home Depot where they have odd sizes in trays and got the longest one I could find. I forget the size now, but I took one of the original skid bolts to get the width and thread specs by screwing it into the molds they have there to help you out. I then used two galvanized washers so it would hold tight and not slip through the gap on the skid, and I didn't over torque. I'm waiting on standard skids for for the rest of the underbelly so I'll have to see if it will work with that later.

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am basically doing the same thing right now.

The standard engine skid will leave about a 1 1/2 inch space between the front plate and engine plate. The Raptor has an extra bracket there and the raptor engine skid looks the same on both sides.

I bought a 3" 1 1/2 x 3" piece of rectangular steel tubing that I am going to try to use to fabricate a bracket:

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_5865

Hopefully I have some time soon to make some progress on the bracket.

Sponsored

BronkNOLA

Big Bend
First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Keep us updated on this project.

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interestingly, Ford of Boerne has a Wildtrak for sale that has a Raptor bumper with the black skid plate:

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper 1683734981936

Not a bad look.

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anybody installed the big silver aluminum Raptor skid plate on a non-Raptor. I have a question about bolt lengths.

Back story:

I was searching for a modular bumper and a Raptor bumper and skid popped up. Price was awesome.

I am moving from plastic bumper and skids on my Wildtrak, so I currently still have the plastic engine skid until I can find a metal replacement.

I wasn't and still not really sure about the look of the front skid, but I did put it on to try it out. The skid did not come with bolts, so I reused the ones from the plastic front skid. 3 of the bolts were fine (two front, passenger or driver rear, I don't remember and everything was upsidedown), but the other side rear was way too short. I have looked at the schematic of the Raptor skids and they don't show any difference in bolts (as far as I can see).

I am not sure if part of my issue is that I still have the plastic engine skid, but the Raptor front skid sits solidly on the frame, so I am not sure that not having the metal skid is my issue. Maybe the Raptor engine skid. is somehow different and required. I am just not sure..

I am still not 100% sure on the silver, but it doesn't look bad, so if I find metal modular skids there is I chance I would move back to the black look.

So if anybody has done this, or know the bolts and possibly bolt part numbers, I would appreciate you help.

Here is what it looks like on my white Wildtrak:
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper 1683734981936

Looks great, nice job. Question about the bumpers- I realize that you went from a plastic bumper, but is the only difference between a Raptor bumper and a standard modular bumper the foglights and the plastic extensions?

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My understanding is that the side wings are different because they have brackets for the light. The plastic parts in the front are also different and there are plastic parts above and below the bumper, on the bumper ends, that don't appear on the regular modular bumper.

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm about to do this project on my Wildtrak, going from the plastic to the Raptor style. Surprisingly it was easier to find the Raptor bumper than a regular modular bumper. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be checking this thread for reminders on what to do and not to do!
Sponsored